The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

If we survive I hate to say it but I don't think they will sack him - unless, the fans make it clear they want him gone at the Spurs game whatever the result.

IF we pull an amazing result out the bag my fear is that he will stay and take us down next year.

My theory is that the whole departure package was discussed and agreed last week.

The moment that we are mathematically safe is the point that McLeish will quietly depart.

I really can't see this being the case. You are hardly going to get the manager to give his all, be fully focused and do everything he can to keep us up if he knows whatever happens he is getting the push. Unless of course you say to him you are off but can pocket a nice little bonus if you keep us up. I really can't see that being the case though especially given the fact he will already be due a nice little pay off the club can hardly afford for sacking him.

I'd imagine they have just told him he has their full backing and just to focus on the remaining games and keeping us up and perhaps even fed him a load of bollocks in terms of next season.

Deep down though I am sure that McLeish knows he is now on borrowed time.

I guess despite what I have said above McLeish needs to keep us up for the sake of his own career as much as our immediate future. Another relegation on his CV is the last thing he needs.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we survive I hate to say it but I don't think they will sack him - unless, the fans make it clear they want him gone at the Spurs game whatever the result.

IF we pull an amazing result out the bag my fear is that he will stay and take us down next year.

My theory is that the whole departure package was discussed and agreed last week.

The moment that we are mathematically safe is the point that McLeish will quietly depart.

I really can't see this being the case. You are hardly going to get the manager to give his all, be fully focused and do everything he can to keep us up if he knows whatever happens he is getting the push. Unless of course you say to him you are off but can pocket a nice little bonus if you keep us up. I really can't see that being the case though especially given the fact he will already be due a nice little pay off the club can hardly afford for sacking him.

I'd imagine they have just told him he has their full backing and just to focus on the remaining games and keeping us up and perhaps even fed him a load of bollocks in terms of next season.

I guess despite what I have said above McLeish needs to keep us up for the sake of his own career as much as our immediate future. Another relegation on his CV is the last thing he needs.

Well if they told him to "just focus on the next 3 games" - I am pretty sure he knows whats coming.

To be honest he has enough black marks on his CV - so he can't walk during a relegation battle. He must know the odds are very much against him - even if he wants to stay - which I don't reckon he does.

while i understand this theory, it doesnt work.

if the gibbon was trying his best all season to win us games and play 'his' brand of football, how on gods green earth will waving 200k at him make him try even more?

he is clueless and if anything will cause as much damage as humanly possible in the last 2 games, he after all has done it all season, the last 2 games makes no difference to our points total if he has any direct input

remove the infection and the healing process can begin

remove the cause of the infection ( faulkner) and you can make sure you dont get infected again

gingers out

It was really weird how he didn't hardly get up out of his seat at West Brom on Saturday - almost as if he was just going through the motions. Grant was the one standing in the technical area on Saturday.

It was really weird how he didn't hardly get up out of his seat at West Brom on Saturday - almost as if he was just going through the motions. Grant was the one standing in the technical area on Saturday.

I think this proves more than anything that he's gone.

Yea he's all but gone. His body language on Saturday showed that to me.

He'll be the odd special guest on MOTD2 next season and he'll stay claim this season wasn't his fault.

Any who.....

Don't let the door hit you on the way out son.

Its hard to look up when your heads on the executioners block! :)

According to'The Times' report, he was sat in the middle 'and it was difficult to get out', so he sent the instructions via Grant.

We are, apparently, not to read anything into it!

I hope you are right, but still hope the fans keep up the pressure against Spurs just to be sure.

According to'The Times' report, he was sat in the middle 'and it was difficult to get out', so he sent the instructions via Grant.

That just illustrates how tactically clueless he is. No Plan B for getting out of the mess his seat selection put him in. Has he never heard of squad rotation? He could of been at the end of the row with a couple of changes.

To be fair, Hodgson didn't move either until about the 85th minute when he stood up for 30 secs

but he also knew he wont be managing his club next season and couldn't be arsed either

That just illustrates how tactically clueless he is. No Plan B for getting out of the mess his seat selection put him in. Has he never heard of squad rotation? He could have been at the end of the row with a couple of changes.

:lol:

I thought something had happened because this thread had moved on about 10 pages since I last looked, but no, it's people saying "we've hit 1000 pages", etc!

And now I have added to it! D'Oh!

You know what pisses me off most is there are some Villa fans proper reveling in this current situation. Well I suppose the football is so boring it makes things intresting.

Â