The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I think it's hard to get any visible effect on home games protest due to the sheer number of fans who will not participate, i do like the idea of fans facing away from the pitch. That might work.

To get the most visible effect we should do a protest/boycott on an away game. The fans will be designated to a specific section and if that area is totally empty it will send a big message to the media and our absentee owner. Either wait 15 minutes until entering the stands or stay away the whole game and maybe leave a banner with some kind of message to Randy.

Here's an example from Sweden this week when fans from AIK Solna decided to boycott the game due to a beef with the Swedish FA.

http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler.axd?imageFormat=secondColumn&guid=4372c591-3411-43e9-9dbb-49832f800946

You can bet it made the papers...

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to wake up this morning. Sitting on the bus on my way to work. Bombing passed Euston station on my way to Oxford Steeet and finding it refreshing to see there's not even a link or snif of this man getting his just desserts.

Its to early for a boycott - I haven't even Heard 'Mcleish Out' from the holte yet.

banners, and returning the bright future scarves would be the easiest\high profile protest.

Ive been a supporter for 40 years. I reckon with a protest Mcleish is easily moveable.

People are holding back because we are in danger, I think that might just change during/after the Sunderland game depending upon the result.

Win and I think people will think we are safe and will start to turn, draw or lose and I think it will turn very ugly very quickly.

its all buildong to bolton at home. Much like season when AM was at blues - they had some tough fixtures - but if they could beat fulham at home they would be ok. - They were 3-0 down in 30 minutes.

I really think Sunderland is the one to win. If we go into the bolton match having to win - i really wouldn't fancy us.

The team were running around yesterday using loads of energy, for what ? there was no purpose to our play, no direction,nothing apart from running around like a bunch of school girls.What does McIdiot have them doing at training ??? having a singalong ?

People are holding back because we are in danger, I think that might just change during/after the Sunderland game depending upon the result.

Win and I think people will think we are safe and will start to turn, draw or lose and I think it will turn very ugly very quickly.

I'd agree with that to a certain extent, Trent. I think a lot of people are still convincing themselves that the 6 point gap is too much to be breached, especially as it is effectively 7 points with our superior goal difference. I actually think we will lose the Sunderland game (MON effect) and the fans will still only be quietly heard in comparison to how bad we could be. However, I think we will also struggle in that Bolton game next week and that is when I believe the fans will turn hyper against McLeish and be noticed!

You and others are right. We need to do something to make the board understand just how pissed off we are and how unacceptable this sorry situation is. It actually looks like we will end up with less points than he achieved with that rag-tag bunch from Small Heath last season, and that is totally unforgiveable in my opinion! :angry:

If this is the case then SHAME on everyone of you!!!

I understand not getting on the teams back, I wouldn't want that ever but nothing at half time nor the end of the game bar a few boo's?

Have you all become **** nodding dogs or could it be that the Baggie fans are correct and you are clapping seals.

I can't be there due to location but I could not stand back and accept this apathy, I didn't with Turner, McNeil or O'leary and nor did The Holte back then FFS wake up and give this ginger prick the shit he deserves.

What will it take for McLeish to get the sack? This is ridiculous. If it wasn't for Wolves, we'd be the worst team in the league. Then again, maybe Lerner is afraid that our season would get even worse if he sacked him a la Wolves (that's if he's even contemplating it). How depressing.

I think if we go a goal down against Sunderland there's going to be a backlash. I think at the minute the fans are effectively a ticking time bomb. Last year against Sunderland it was the worst atmosphere i've witnessed at Villa Park.... with MON now managing them I think it could get horrible fast.

Though, if we score first there will be absolute joy and smugness towards MON.

Could go either way.

I have said it before, most people have fell for Lerners genius technique! He brings in the most unpopular manager and the protests start, the abuse, the protests, the graffiti, the lot! full force fan attack. Lerner shurugs his shoulders and says hes staying. All of a sudden the fans see that he wont change his mind and decide that as loyal fans we will support him in the early days "but if he **** up we will give him hell!"

The thing is here that it just hasnt happened, he has been bad from the very start yet hardly a wimper from the fans on the terrace, why? Managers have got abuse for far less! Well people did their worst when he was appointed and it had no effect what so ever, so now most fans think "whats the point" as mad as it sounds what Lerner did at the start was very clever. He also does not alow any anti AM banners with stewards being instructed to remove them, all these little things have a part to play in why nobody is really protesting (except online) We have been totally played by our owner and I admit that I was one of them.

I reckon with a protest Mcleish is easily moveable.

We protested before he got the job and it made no difference.

Lerner will do what he wants.

Let's make the protest the final home game of the season when the manager and players do a thank you lap around the pitch. By then we will pretty much know where we are in the league and McLeish and his idiot sidekick Grant will have to face the fury of the Villa Park faithful.

A walk of shame........

Protesting wont do a damn thing Dem. The board know how we feel and protesting wont make a blind bit of difference. He will still be in charge at the start of next season.

Spot on Rich, you can only protest with your feet by not going.

Â