The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He needs to drop Hutton and put someone else at RB.. Hutton is too much of a liability but it will never happen.

Whilst I get the Hutton hate on here as he has been woeful at times but I dont really see what he did wrong on Saturday. Definitely his best game for us and he was key to the 3rd goal with an excellent quick forward pass to Nzogbia. He also made more clearances than any of our back line.

McLeish's suit was awful yesterday just looked like he had a massive case of bad dandruff.

Sitting 8th, 7 points off 4th having not played brilliantly for most of the season also having lost arguabley our 2 best players during the close season and only lost once in 11 games.

I'd say he's doing pretty **** well with all things considered.

Yep.

Looking at the league and the teams above us, with perhaps the exception of Newcastle I think we're at the right end of where most of us expected to be.

Yes we can all sit here and debate playing styles, tactics and starting line-ups (show me a set of fans that dont) But being a manager is a results business and so far we're doing alright.

I'm certainly not about to start criticising him for not being somebody else, that's hardly his fault and the flak he's taking should imo be aimed at the board.

Sitting 8th, 7 points off 4th having not played brilliantly for most of the season also having lost arguabley our 2 best players during the close season and only lost once in 11 games.

Dude, if that is how you look at things then you are either on too many happy pills or just plain ignorant. There is a storm coming so you better be prepared. Christmas is cancelled!

Dude, if that is how you look at things then you are either on too many happy pills or just plain ignorant. There is a storm coming so you better be prepared. Christmas is cancelled!

A storm!?!? Christmas cancelled!?!? Ignorant!?!?

:?

Of the fixtures we have had so far I think the results we have is the least we could have expected really. In fact there is no reason why we shouldn't have had more wins and done a newcastle.

Certainly we should have had more points on the board to protect against the oncoming storm.

Good optimism, and I kind of agree, but part of me is saying - "six points off 18th with Spurs, United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool to come before the New Year (with tricky fixtures against Stoke and Swansea, too)".

:(

We have lost twice in 11 league games!!

I stand corrected, forgot about Man City.

I stand corrected, forgot about Man City.

I dont think he's done well all things considered....compare the teams we have played to the ones we are about to play. This is a time when we needed points in the bag to cover the hard times that are coming over the next few months. We said at the beginning he needed to get off to a great start with the fixtures he had, his results have been ok at the very best although that wouldnt be my view

As of 11 games last year we had won 4 drew 3 and lost 4 so we are on course to improve on last season and only big teams we played was Spurs and Chelsea. So we had a similar enough start last season of games but got less points

Yes we have some tough games coming up but should we be worried about Liverpool and Chelsea; both teams are not exactly in great form?

I personally think McLeish has done a steady job considering losing two very good players in Ashley Young and Downing. He has to be given some time and I think a top eight finish is certainly achievable.

I reckon if we had 2 easy looking home games coming up - we probably wouldn't win them both. I also reckon we will get some points from the 'tough' games coming up.

I don't think he has done 2 bad so far - however his transfer record is patchy - as his ability to get his teams to be creative. 4 months in.....has he already peaked ?

He has had a very steadying start, pulled up no trees, but no disasters either.

We need to be careful of luring ourselves in to a false sense of security with league positions... we have not lost many but not won many either.....ITS ALL STILL A BIT FRAGILE.

When the time is right we need to be sure as sure can be that we are going to sign players to move us on and tangibly strengthen us.... I don't mean unrealistic signings, but genuine team builders.... that make that bit of difference.

We need a strong central midfielder that is comfotable with the ball and can dictate a bit.

The 2 full backs need some attention too, along with another centre half

slowly, slowly catch a monkey i guess.

But to coin a boxing term we still look like we have a "glass chin" to me.

He has had a very steadying start, pulled up no trees, but no disasters either.

We need to be careful of luring ourselves in to a false sense of security with league positions... we have not lost many but not won many either.....ITS ALL STILL A BIT FRAGILE.

When the time is right we need to be sure as sure can be that we are going to sign players to move us on and tangibly strengthen us.... I don't mean unrealistic signings, but genuine team builders.... that make that bit of difference.

We need a strong central midfielder that is comfotable with the ball and can dictate a bit.

The 2 full backs need some attention too, along with another centre half

slowly, slowly catch a monkey i guess.

But to coin a boxing term we still look like we have a "glass chin" to me.

Its worth noting that hes had not a great deal of money to spend. I have to hold my hand up and say I would have signed Nzogbia and probably Hutton. I didnt see the massive decline in form from Albrighton coming either.

Definate positives would be the performances hes got out of Gabby, Petrov, Warnock, Bannan and maybe even Herd.

We play most the big guns in December but most are at home I think. We are more than capable of beating the likes of Liverpool perhaps Arsenal at home.
I agree. Look at last season - beat Man City, Everton and Liverpool at home, drew to Chelsea and Man U. The only big teams we lost to at home were Arsenal and Spurs. Villa always seem to raise their game for the big teams.

Â