Houllier or Mcleish

Delphinho123

Houllier or McLeish?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Houllier or McLeish?

• McLeish
    • Houllier

It might not of simply been a case of not wanting to 'put a shift in' for their money. The training regime sounding so brutal that they possibly didn't have sufficient energy to bust a gut come matchday.

Really?

Training 1 session per day for about 3 hours, so brutal they couldn't complete a game?

Stevenage (I completely disagree with what they do but just as an example) train twice a day, every day under their manager. Have won two consecutive promotions and are 12th in league 1. That's with playing more games than us as well, having players who really probably aren't or weren't then as fit as our players in the Premiership.

Now that is brutal.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might not of simply been a case of not wanting to 'put a shift in' for their money. The training regime sounding so brutal that they possibly didn't have sufficient energy to bust a gut come matchday.

Really?

Training 1 session per day for about 3 hours, so brutal they couldn't complete a game?

Stevenage (I completely disagree with what they do but just as an example) train twice a day, every day under their manager. Have won two consecutive promotions and are 12th in league 1. That's with playing more games than us as well, having players who really probably aren't or weren't then as fit as our players in the Premiership.

Now that is brutal.

Maybe Villa should sign all the Stevenage players then and we'd be well away.

Serously though, it was well documented that the French fitness coach was working them very hard and we had a high number of injuries during training. Brutal is probably OTT but it seems at least like it was a level above what is deemed normal in the Premier League.

I seriously still cant work out what Houllier has done to deserve this God like status with some of you? It's beyond bizzare!
I do not think it is that straight forward to be honest. I think, and this is just my opinion, that there could be an element of people defending him last season and now not willing to see that that stance was ill advised but I do not think people see him as a god.

So people just being to stubborn to admit that he was terrible in every way? Rich, trust me, some on here rate him that highly!

Im still in the thought that no matter how abysmal he was (and it was abysmal) - Players on that kind of money, have imo, a responsibility to work as hard as possible regardless of the environment (within reason of course - Land mines on the training field would be debateable ). :D

A happy office...is an efficiant office. You get more work produced when you enjoy your job, that is fact. The players didnt want to work for him/didnt enjoy working for him. I agree that they should work hard getting payed the money they do, but you have to remember it is still only a job to them.

Also take into account that some of the players may have taken the hump with how their fellow pro's were being treated (Warnock/Ireland). Its also surfaced since via. Gabby that there was little or no interaction with the players from the manager which again does not build that trust you that they now seem to have with McLeish. From what i can gather, the mood in the camp between staff and players & players and players is better than at ever has been. The shite performances are just bad form, nothing to do with McLeish, we are playing as a team and working hard for each other just not getting the rub of the green.

We are playing some decent football and we're not playing route 1 hoofball, we're just out of form but at least we're still picking up points.

I dont disagree with any of that Wiggy, but for me....

When you sign a 60k a week contract (and of course I wouldnt say no either), you can not complain about discipline areas in the same way, your average man on the street can, imo.

I always remember emailing my bro the story of them being upset regarding mobile phone rules etc.....

He replied.....

to be fair tho, if my work took away my phone, stopped us playing Wii on break etc, id be pissed off too.

Soon changed his mind when i pointed out that he works 40hrs a week for less in 3 years than what they earn in a week.

My point is if you want the right to moan about mobile phone use at work, dont sign a 60k a week contract.

I see where your going mate and i agree, but were not talking about rules, this is all about how your boss treats you.

If your boss treats you like a word removed, then your not going to graft your arse out for him. Your boss treats you with respect (in Houlliers case, just a simple hello would have been nice by all acounts) then you will work an hour extra to get something finished or work through your dinner hour. Houllier clearly had his favourites, and if your were not one of those (again Ireland/Warnock), then no matter how much unpaid overtime you did, or how many lunch hours you worked through there was no way back. Now i dont care if your a footballer, estimator, banker or whatever, you should still treat people with respect. Treat people how you wish to be treated.

Agreed, But it doesnt sound like they showed him respect either.

In all honesty we have absolutely no idea what went off, and tbh, I dont think I want to know. It was a horrific season. The only season Ive ever wanted to end before May, before January even.

I have no ties with Houllier, we appear to be doing better without him, but I refuse to put the entire blame firmly at his door.

Agreed, But it doesnt sound like they showed him respect either.

Its a 2-way thing i guess.

I have no ties with Houllier, we appear to be doing better without him, but I refuse to put the entire blame firmly at his door

Just most of it then! :winkold:

Please come on and defend Big Eck after that performance. Houllier every day for me and I didn't particularly rate him!

I'd rather this thread just be closed tbh..For a start, Houllier aint coming back...Secondly, just about every Villa fan was against the appointment of McLeish...I suppose the higher votes McLeish has, is just because they want to back our "current" manager..

If you asked the same poll when McLeish got Relegated and was still Blues manager...And Houller finished 9th as still Villa manager the results would be in favour of Houllier.

I stand by my statement that Houllier was one of the worst villa managers ever but heres a new one.

Judged on tonights performance McLeish is the worst manager in villa's history i still have to pinch myself when i think of this out of disbelief but our first shot on target was in the 87th minute

What the hell were the players doing for nearly the whole match considering most people left 10 or 20 minutes early they missed the "highlight of the game"

Agent McLeish losing the faithful after three weeks! Haha, what incredible joke.

If it was a quality performance but a loss, I would'nt have a problem. But the dire football that was played and has been played so far is just not on. I have'nt watched a entertaining footabll match under Mcleish yet and I cant see it changing!

Â