Houllier or Mcleish

Delphinho123

Houllier or McLeish?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Houllier or McLeish?

• McLeish
    • Houllier

I would even argue Blues had a stronger squad last season (minus Bent)
Nowhere near. Our squad may have seen better times but it's still miles better than SHA's squad last season.

ok Defense, i would say even, midfield we lose, upfront we win, when bents fully fit.

Take away, Petrov and who do we have in the middle? We have unproven youngsters who are learning their trade. The SHA had far more experience, Gardner would be playing for us if he was still at the Villa, Bowyer.....just what need.

I aint even gonna look at the wide players cus we had the best now we have nothing but a hard to handle french problem player and a youngster who look well out of his depth.

My point....SAF would struggle with the tools lerner and whoever else has provided AM with!

Houllier nearly took us down with a strong squad, he also recommended Downing to L Pool (when he had left) and had the brass neck to claim AY had improved down to his coaching (well Maca's), it was a bad season for him.....All imho

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This squad (minus Bent) is as bad as the squad we had before MON took over. AM would be a magician if he could make it work. I would even argue Blues had a stronger squad last season (minus Bent)

we both know that, that is absolute horseshit

Player to player, show me how our squad is better

Given, Dunne, Bent, N'Zogbia, Gabby, Petrov and even Warnock would have all walked into Blues team last season.

Their best players last year were Foster and Dann. the rest were poor. its reason why none of their players went to top 8 clubs and their star midfielder went to Blackpool

Given = Foster, Dunne = Dann, N Zogbia..........no, rather have laursen atm, Gabby may be, Warnock....no, Petrov agreed. Bent, no argument offered.

I'd rather have Laursen too, but the Great Dane has retired. :lol:

Would you really rather have Carthorse Jerome than Gabby? Agent Ridgewell than Warnock

With Houllier, although it was a shit season I was willing to give him time, because I think what he wanted to achieve with the squad would have took time and he needed to have players at his disposal who want to play the same way he wanted his players to play. I honestly believe had he stayed there would have been a huge change of players at Aston Villa over the summer.

With AMC, it's just shit football and there is no long term plan on changing how we approach football, this is pretty much it IMO and it's so dull.

I know we're currently 6th blah blah blah but i'd be very shocked if we finish above 9th as we did in GH's first season.

Given = Foster, Dunne = Dann, N Zogbia..........no, rather have laursen atm, Gabby may be, Warnock....no, Petrov agreed. Bent, no argument offered.

Given>>>>Foster Dunne>>>Dann. You would have Ridgewell,Zigic, BEausejour or Ferguson over Warnock, Gabby, Petrov and N'zogbia

Sorry aint to sure what sha's left winger was called.....either way hes done more at Sunderland than Zog has here. Jerome/ Gabby its close, may be just Gabby. Warnock v's Ridgewell jesus their both as shit as each other.

Larsson is a right winger.

Whoops.......so's Zog, ;-)

My point is there aint a great deal of difference. AM has his hands tied, its painful to see tbh.

We have been asset stripped to the core, the only players that are left are mainly over paid and under used, our star players have been shipped out so we can continue to pay their inflated wages, its enough to make me.........

With Houllier, although it was a shit season I was willing to give him time, because I think what he wanted to achieve with the squad would have took time and he needed to have players at his disposal who want to play the same way he wanted his players to play. I honestly believe had he stayed there would have been a huge change of players at Aston Villa over the summer.

This.

I can't see how anyone can make a legitimate argument for Mcleish over Houllier.

Houllier got a lot of unfair stick last season.... and people saying they didn't want him OR Mcleish - well WHO DO YOU want?

Larsson is a right winger.

Whoops.......so's Zog, ;-)

My point is there aint a great deal of difference. AM has his hands tied, its painful to see tbh.

We have been asset stripped to the core, the only players that are left are mainly over paid and under used, our star players have been shipped out so we can continue to pay their inflated wages, its enough to make me.........

What do mean he has his hands tied?

We have a better squad than half the Premiership, yet playing the worst football in the Premiership...We are one of a very small group of teams sitting back allowing teams to come onto us and not giving it a go. We deserve at this rate, to finish in the bottom 6 because teams like Norwich, Swansea and QPR have come into this league and are at least making a go of it..McLeish is a clueless coward who is affraid(or not intelligent enough) to set a team up to go out and "try" to win a game of football. Fans will not put up with it and he will be forced out...Its only a matter of time...

This.

I can't see how anyone can make a legitimate argument for Mcleish over Houllier.

Houllier got a lot of unfair stick last season.... and people saying they didn't want him OR Mcleish - well WHO DO YOU want?

I wanted Mark Hughes. I know he wasn't the most popular choice at the time. I bet he would be now though! :lol:

Then Sir may I politely suggest you apply for a new Labrador, the current one will get you run over soon.

Pot, kettle, black etc etc

McLeish is worse and he plays turgid defend first football that is so negative and deserves to get punished. There is no chance he will finish higher than Houllier

Â