Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so is this worth getting? is there a big difference from this and 2011?

from what i have heard you have to play it off stream? why? i dont want stream last time it slowed my pc down

I think it's worth getting, but then again, I'm a sucker and would probably always buy it. Have done every year for about 12 years. From memory, I think the change between this one and FM2011 is the least amount of change I've ever seen, although this years seems really easy. I'm second in January my first season with little effort.

Sorry, I don't know about steam, don't understand it

i actually think its a pretty big change, i play with the traditional match screen which hasnt changed at all, but the new tab system has made everything quicker and easier

there are some tiny changes which have pleased me, the addition of half chances to the stats bit for example

does seem to be a bit irratic IMO in my 2nd season i beat chelsea and man city away before losing 0-3 at home to stoke, also playing as arsenal i constantly draw spurs in the cup

I would imagine you have to put Steam into offline mode rather than trying to find an option in FM2012. I do say this having only played the demo btw.

Bent's been absolutely superb for me this season. 20 league appearances, 14 goals (top scorer). He's also got 8 assists (2nd in the league for that). Ireland's also been immense. 10 appearances, 3 goals and 6 assists.

Bought it yesterday for the PC. Having never played an FM game before I'll admit I'm struggling to get to grips with the controls so I might have to go through the tutorial tonight .

Any tips for a noob ?

Use coach reports and team reports to get an idea of your best eleven. Use the 'create a tactic' wizard to knock a formation and strategy together. Avoid playing people out of position - look for them to have a bright green circle on their icon in the formation screen, which denotes a natural position. 'Backroom Advice' can give you some recommendations for formations that suit your players, but if your own judgment tells you something different, use that. Then just hammer 'Continue' until match day rolls around. That's the core gameplay.

Most of the rest can be picked up and mastered as you encounter it - scouting, transfers, dealing with press, motivating your guys, training, all that is important, but when all's said and done it's about having a solid tactic keyed in come matchday.

Â