Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still playing FM2010 but I didn't want to bump something ancient just to post this little curio.

It's the lowest performance rating I've ever seen from any player in any match, for the opposition keeper in an U18s game. He kept dropping the ball which provided at least two tap-ins for us.

Nv7zv.jpg

Can anyone top that?

The GK ran nearly 3 miles in a game?

No wonder they lost 8-2!

yeh i have it installed now but cant seem to find the editor anywhere??? any ideas??

iv looked through the steam folders and found fm 2012 but there is no 'tools' or editor for that matter!

help!

thanks

I think it's like a standalone app from Steam, you'll have to download it from there.

If you've downloaded via Steam, open the application, go into the games library and select tools from the top toolbar. This will bring up a list of various games/updates/applications.

Scroll down and select FM2012 editor and install!

Why is steam pissing you off by the way? I've never had any problems with it?

mainly because i play it so much when i dont have an internet connection, ive had it happen twice now where ive had to restart my laptop because steam couldnt fire it up, plus then steam seems to be one of those programs that makes my laptop run slow, especially when you 1st turn it on

I've heard various stories about the game being too easy, I gather this is for several reasons. Firstly it is easier to connect with your players and therefore easier to keep them happy (high morale has always led to success) and secondly with the tactic creator, player roles and the advice given on which players suit which role the player understands his instructions rather than having sliders and not really knowing what they actually do.

One of the bigger problems to me on FM11 (and I haven't play FM12 long enough to know) was that it was easy to find the high PA newgens and within a handful of seasons you could assemble a team of superstars in the making along with the better players in the World without having to do a great deal. I hope this has improved but looking at the database at the start of the game (not going into PAs here, look in the editor) there aren't a great deal of real young players who will be the very cream of the crop so it should be easy to dominate with cheap newgens again.

I'd say 1 game in the regens are even better on this one but seem to be younger alot of them are 15

I think I signed 5 who are labelled as key players for arsenal and I've passed on around 10 more, to be fair I think at least half of those have been found by my scouts on there pre set assignments, maybe that's where they've gone wrong? I've got 10 scouts all over the world from the off and most of the reports seem to be for kids rather than telling me to buy messi

I've played 7 league games with Villa and I'm third with 14 points, probably my best ever start on FM.

The thing is Gabby has scored 1, Bent has scored any. N'Zogbia, Albrighton and Ireland haven't either. Dunne and Bassong (signed for £4m) have scored 11 between them and I'm pretty sure every single one of them has been from a header from a corner.

I can't complain really, I'm scoring, but it just seems a bit odd

I'd say 1 game in the regens are even better on this one but seem to be younger alot of them are 15

I think I signed 5 who are labelled as key players for arsenal and I've passed on around 10 more, to be fair I think at least half of those have been found by my scouts on there pre set assignments, maybe that's where they've gone wrong? I've got 10 scouts all over the world from the off and most of the reports seem to be for kids rather than telling me to buy messi

To be fair, you don't even need to scout sometimes, certainly for the newgens in your country. You can do the same job by using the player search and when it comes to offering a contract the compensation fee will give you a fair idea what sort of PA the player has got. Anyhow, using the scatter gun effect and at £2million or so a piece you can easily hoover for up 10 youngsters a season.

I've played 7 league games with Villa and I'm third with 14 points, probably my best ever start on FM.

The thing is Gabby has scored 1, Bent has scored any. N'Zogbia, Albrighton and Ireland haven't either. Dunne and Bassong (signed for £4m) have scored 11 between them and I'm pretty sure every single one of them has been from a header from a corner.

I can't complain really, I'm scoring, but it just seems a bit odd

Despite the wild and inconsistent results (beat Man City 4-0 then went and lost 3-0 to Arsenal) it's been realistic for me so far. Bent's got 4 goals in 5 games and Hutton was sent off in my last game for a tackle almost identical to the one on Saturday.

Don't know what's ahhappened today but my game crashes everytime I get to the match engine....

I now get a crash code 12.0.2f230123

Worked fine yesterday but not today!?!?!??

Any ideas?

**EDIT** switched off my PC and back on again - all working :shock:

Ridiculous. 3-0 up at Sunderland with about 20 minutes to go. They're also down to 10 men. End up drawing the game 3-3 despite asking my team to retain possession. :| Then I lose 2-1 to Blackburn at home the next game. Not having that so I'm gonna start again from the previous save before the Sunderland game.

I just don't think I like I have any control over the results. It's wildly inconsistent.

Â