Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got FM12 for Christmas and so far it's worth the step up from FM11. AndyBM, it's worth it if you can give up the hours and hours required to dedicate to the game. :thup:

Btw, if any of you guys know of the strange breed of FMers known as LLaMas, I am one of them. Started at Truro City in the Blue Square South on FM12, and might just post my progress (or lack thereof) here...

Agree. Things like that and the ball rebounding off players backs when putting a through ball in (happens too often) keepers bending forward and the ball going over their head, the injury after three subs are all things that stress me with this game.

I've given in an ordered FM 2012 this year. Have they sorted out the problem this year where in every match, everybody on both teams would get booked?

Maybe you play to aggressively.

That wouldn't explain why it happens to both teams :?

Love FM12, Far better than the others, but the only thing I don't like is steam, but not a lot i can do about that. :(

Btw, has anyone got a decent guide for villa, or any recommendations? I'm currently in march 2013, won the league cup 2 years in a row, 1st season finished about 11th, but this season I'm currently joint 5th with Liverpool and doing well in Europe.

Right I bought the game. Its better but takes me a lot longer to get through days/weeks whatever.

Tactics are a real big focus, I have created two formations, both of which the team are awkward with, not sure if this will change over time, they are okay with the tempo and stuff though.

I have two sets ups where Villa can counter attack and one with possesion football, both 4-5-1. Bent doesn't seem as good as he should be. I beat Arsenal and Man City away using counter attack but not Wolves or Wigan away so I added that possesion and control tactic, hasn't seemed to work too well.

Anyone got any tips for Villa? Maybe I should play more direct being as my defenders cant pass the ball but I hate hiting it long to quick players.

Haha, yeah, that's annoying. What gets me as much as that is that you can not say something like "it's a squad game, you will get games if you're patient and continue to work hard in training", it seems to be my way, or the highway and that's the end of it.

Haha, yeah, that's annoying. What gets me as much as that is that you can not say something like "it's a squad game, you will get games if you're patient and continue to work hard in training", it seems to be my way, or the highway and that's the end of it.

It pisses me off when I tell them I will let them go out on loan, they are happy with that, I put them on the loan list and no one wants them and then they see it as I have broken my promise.

Bloody footballers

This game is so much easier then the last few. With Villa anyway.

1st Season, 7th in League, Won League Cup, Lost FA Cup Final.

2nd Season, 6th in League, Won League Cup.

3rd Season, 1st in League, Won FA Cup.

Now i'm in my 4th and top of the league and qualified past the group stages of Champions League, with Tevez and Rossi upfront :lol:

There's a few charity shields involved there too, oh and won the GBR Olympics. Gabby scored loads in it :)

It pisses me off when I tell them I will let them go out on loan, they are happy with that, I put them on the loan list and no one wants them and then they see it as I have broken my promise.

Bloody footballers

Yup or they reject any loan that comes up and then get unhappy that I have broken my promise. :lol:

I had a player who was worried that there was too much competition in the squad. So I told him he'd have a place in the first team. He then gets injured for 6months and gets annoyed with me because i'm not picking him to play!

Â