Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Annoyingly the Tottenham researcher still seems to be in charge as spurs players attributes all seem pretty similar to last years.

Moving onto villa ratings I think there pretty good. Ones I'd complain about are Bent's composure (zigic has composure 16 so can't see how Bent has worse composure than zigic) and Clark I think could be improved a little. The big one I'd say is Gabby. His technical game has come on leaps and bounds over the last year or so but that doesn't seem to be represented in the game (again to use zigic as a comparison his technique is 14, dribbling is better as well). I'd also say Gabby[s work rate should also be improved.

Before i start my proper Villa game i usually go to the editor and change a few things. Spurs players being ranked a bit lower is a necessity other they always end up 2nd behind City.

As for Gabby, he is prolly one of the hardest players to rate because his physical stats are amazing, his technical and mental stats are good but realistically he shouldn't be higher than a 155 player.

I think I put the transfer budget around £5million with a -£75,000 wage budget so that you could afford to buy a player but would need to get rid of a Heskey, Beye etc which is in line with Randy backing the manager over a signing but making sure the long term future is secure.

Gabby is very hard to rate, if I was doing the file today based on this season he'd have a CA in the 150s and several of his technical and mental attributes would be a point or two higher. However, his form last season was ordinary to say the least with only the odd flash of that kind of ability.

Really enjoying it , the new layout is really good :)

Got off to a good start with villa drawing 2 and winning 1 but think thats gonna end when i have to play united,city,liverpool,chelsea,arsenal and everton in the next 6 games

In: Ben watson £6m and owen £650k

Out:Weimann,gardner,lichaj,herd,baker,lowry,parish all on loans and released marshall

Best players Watson , Ireland, Dunne

Only bad things i can say is i have lots of injures like gabby put for 5 months and bent and heskey out for 3 weeks and also delph . So overall really impressed with the game .

Have fiddled around on the Demo - starting out as Villa, have offloaded Beye as part of the £9m deal to sign Junior Hoilet and also brought in a 17yr old, Emre Can from Bayern (for 500k!) who looks a very decent DM prospect!!!

One noticeable thing is our need for wingers!!!!!

For the want of trying - I cannot sell Emile Heskey!!! He's fees down to 300k and there's still no takers!

Stats seem pretty spot on!

^^^^ I bought Emre Can for Villa as well for a similar price. I couldn't sell Heskey either but have ended up using him quite a bit. In fairness he does alright and is useful if you want to press for a goal at the end and you need someone to hoof it up to. I think long ball football can be more easily replicated on the game from what I have seen but have tried to get the lads playing good football to mixed results. Arsenal seem to be ridiculously good and I'd expect them to be significantly worse by the time the 1st patch comes out but doubt they will be changed by the time the actual game comes out. It seems by earlier fears about Gabby were misplaced but I still think he could be improved a bit technically but due to how the match engine works it might be difficult to do while maintaining his level of ability. Bent seems a bit inconsistent in that he can score a couple one game but do absolutely nothing in the next 2. In real life i think he's the opposite in that if he gets on form he'll score goals over a run of games but will also go through dry spells.

I bought Emre Can too, doing great so far (he actually got a good run out in the first team and scored some goals!)

As for wingers, I've loaned Deulofeu from Barcelona, he's a class act. Going to try signing him up next season but don't think Barça will sell.

If you really need a backup winger, there's always Jordam Graham. Scored 2 against exeter for me i nthe league cup!

Â