Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your tactics? Do you have pace in your team? are you defending far too deep? are you playing narrow? Have you tried time wasting? tried "Controlling" the game? Who is your main striker/s? Do you have it setup for them i.e run onto ball?
I generally like to play what the game calls a 4-5-1 (although tbh it's probably more a 4-3-3) with Petrov, Jenas and Bannan/Delph in the middle with Gabby and N'Zogbia on the wings. So yes, lots of pace there. In defence it's our real-life back 4 with Cuellar sometimes at right back and Clark in place of Collins.

The thing is though I'm getting wildly inconsistent results. As I said earlier, I've beaten Man City 4-0 with this formation this season yet lost 6-1 to Wolves.

I had a problem with Steam just now.. I started it up and it said the game was unavailable at this time and to try again later, so I deleted everything in my steam folder so it forces the client to redownload/reupdate.. that went well then I noticed FM started updating aswell, works now anyway but was there a new patch released recently?

I had a problem with Steam just now.. I started it up and it said the game was unavailable at this time and to try again later, so I deleted everything in my steam folder...
Everything? Doesn't sound a like a great thing to do, but at least it's still working for you.

Steam sometimes throws a tantrum with that 'game not available' thing, which in reality just means 'RESTART ME!'. In future try a restart of Steam, then if that doesn't work just delete the 'clientregistry.blob' file in the Steam folder. That alone will force Steam to check and re-update itself without touching your games. If that doesn't work, the next easy option is to 'Verify integrity of game cache' via the game properties menu, and if that fails finally delete the game content and re-download. In my experience, 90% of the time a simple restart of Steam will shift that 'not available' message.

I had a problem with Steam just now.. I started it up and it said the game was unavailable at this time and to try again later, so I deleted everything in my steam folder...
Everything?

:lol:

I left the .blob file and the steam.exe application but deleted everything else which forced it to update.

I got the intstructions from Steam website (FAQ) .

I had a problem with Steam just now.. I started it up and it said the game was unavailable at this time and to try again later, so I deleted everything in my steam folder so it forces the client to redownload/reupdate.. that went well then I noticed FM started updating aswell, works now anyway but was there a new patch released recently?
This has just happened to me now. What's going on?

I got it working by following this method

*Load Steam. Go library, highlight Football Manager 2012

*Right click, and go to properties.

*Click on the Local Files tab.

*Click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Steam will then go through your Football Manager file, and remove, then replace, anything that needs to be. I had 7 files that needed replacing.

Steam will then reinstall the game with the files replaced.

4th with Villa in my second season, just by a point.

Bent, Delph and N'Zogbia are absolutely unreal on this!

Who have you bought/sold?

I bought this off steam this afternoon, finding it really tricky to get used to the new layout of the player screen.

Just finishing pre-season, won most games by 2 or 3 clear goals with my 4-3-2-1 formation.

Have only been able to offload Beye for 625k, no one wants to sign Heskey (strange that!!!!) even for nothing!!!!

Have brought in a load of youngsters following scouting trips to Scandinavia and Central Europe (and numerous games just looking at different players before starting a game 'proper'!)

Emre Can (DC/DM/MC) - £1m

Bashkim Kadraii (AMLC) - £1.5m

Marce Sabitzer (AMRLC/ST) - £1m

Martin Hinteregger (DLC) - £1.2m

Joel Valencia (AMR) - £875k

Just waiting for Vetinho to join for Botafogo for £1.5m following a successful appeal on a work permit!

I think N'Zogbia, Bent, Gabby are all pretty decent on this, as are Delph and Jenas.

Does changing a settled formation have a big effect on results? Earlier I'd got into a fairly good run with a 4-4-2 diamond (Petrov, Bannan, Albrighton and Ireland makig up the diamond) then went with a 4-5-1/4-3-3 (Petrov, Herd, Delph, N'Zogbia and Albrighton in midfield) and lost 4-2 at Bolton. Went back to the trusted 4-4-2 diamond against Norwich and won 1-0.

I should also add that Ireland is an absolute beast on this.

Â