Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Annoyingly the Tottenham researcher still seems to be in charge as spurs players attributes all seem pretty similar to last years.

Just started playing the demo and noticed that my scouts rate Giovani dos Santos on par with N'Zogbia. :lol:

They say he's a good Premier League player, yet he's done absolutely **** all at Tottenham.

Think the Villa stats are very close to reality, haven't noticed anyone being over- or underrated.

All I'd say fellas is don't trust your scouts every time. If they were infallable the game would be easy, wait until you have the full release to look in the editor before deciding which players are on a par with each other in terms of CA.

few things that bug me. one is all our youngsters who played in the champ last season are either league 2 or league 1 standard in this game! for instance weimann has gone on loan to bournemouth. also agbonlahor has a year missing out of his history stats. last thing ive noticed so far is that jason lampkin and andras stieber should be in the reserves but they are in the free transfers. Just want to add aswell, is it actually possible to sign Nelson from the u18s on a perm? if so how would i do this?

Agbonlahor's history line is lower in the order for some reason.

Do you know for sure that Lampkin and Stieber are still with the club? Neither have been involved at all this season and as far as I know both had contracts which expired in the summer. If you can shed any light on either of them it would be very useful as it has been a source of frustration all summer.

i know for definite that andras is still here, i spoke to him on facebook, hes nursing an injury atm but hoping to push back this year. and they are both still on the os so i imagine they got another year due to the injuries. also how do i get a work permit for the canadian lad in the youths to sign a new contract? ive never got my head round this personally, i mean how did we get lichaj a work permit?

i know for definite that andras is still here, i spoke to him on facebook, hes nursing an injury atm but hoping to push back this year. and they are both still on the os so i imagine they got another year due to the injuries. also how do i get a work permit for the canadian lad in the youths to sign a new contract? ive never got my head round this personally, i mean how did we get lichaj a work permit?

I think Lichaj has a polish passport so doesnt need a work permit. I agree that the wp rules seem a lot harsher on fm than in real life.

Been trying to sign Tevez, he wants to join but can't pay his wages, so his agent walks away. Tevez sacks the agent, but when I try again he's back.

I signed tevez on my save, heres how i did it.

First offer man city £15.5m over 48 months (theyll accept this)

Then edit your budget so you have no transfer budget left.

When you get into contract negotiations offer him the highest wage you can (around 110k) and the highest loyalty and agent fee (around 3.3m). Then use the new feature to lock these parts of the negotiations. The agent will then come back with a load of crazy clauses. You can negotiate these down. I think i got max bonus for 20 league goals, 20% yearly wage rise £34m min fee and £0 relegation fee(this really helps lower a players demand i have found)

Once you have offered the contract edit you budget back to where you started.

I understand this could be considered cheating by some, but if you do this too much you screw yourself financially

Is the Demo easier than the normal game?

I didnt do much regarding Tactics, brought in 2 players (Douglas Costa and dos Santos) who have both been superb.

by the end of the Demo so Jan 1st i am in Second with SAF and AVB discussing Villa as title contenders, its really me and City already!

Just seemed really easy.

Havent played the game properly for about 3 years, but decided to download the demo the other day.

Whilst I can just about get to grips with it due to my previous experience with the game, the whole thing is massively over the top. If you were a "newbie" to the series, the unfathomable amount of options would be an instant put off.

They whole thing is just overloaded with features that have been introduced to justify charging £30 for new releases. They should just sell updates at £10 a year from now on, though they won't.

Play a full strength Paris St-Germain in pre-season, crush them 3-1, Emile Heskey brace. Realistic enough then. ;)

I signed that Jano Ananidze from Spartak, he was about 7m but he's been great for me!

Â