Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

I haven't tried for 2012, but for past Steam versions it has been the same method as for non-Steam. You simply need to put the faces in the 'graphics' folder of your data folder for the game. By default this is 'C:\Users\[your username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics', although you may have to make the 'graphics' folder yourself. You can have a load of random subfolders within the 'graphics folder and it should still work.

You can check/change the path of your data folder under 'Preferences>General'. Once you have the facepack in place I think you need to go to 'Preferences>Display & Sound' and untick 'Use Skin Cache' then tick 'Always reload Skin on confirm'. That's what the instructions always say, however my old copy of FM2011 has the opposite checkboxes ticked and the facepack still works.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of you lot mess with tactics?

Haven't bought the game for a couple of years, it became way too tactics based, I was losing stupidly simple games for no reason and the talking to the press and half time team talks etc just took up time that annoyed me.

After 2 pretty good seasons with Villa (2 FA Cups and a league cup and the Olympics gold with england U23) I got offered the man united job, in my first season won the league cup, the premiership, the FA Cup and the champions league.

Not sure what to do with it now, anything else will be a downer

Only disappointment is that Bent doesnt suit my system so Gabby plays.

why is that disappointing :x

Because I would rather have Bent as the spearhead with Gabby on the right as a forward.

It doesn't matter as I sold Bent and bought in Wilfried Bony from Vitesse and he is banging them in!!!

How did you manage to land Essien? :)

I finally picked this up. Decided to wait until exams were over this year. The game seems a bit slower, but still fun and addictive.

Decided to use a similar tactic as in last years version, a counter based flat 442 with attacking wingers, an advanced play maker, a deep lying forward and an advanced forward.

Signed Toloi £2.5m, Quintero £3.3m, Dzagoev £9.25m, Niakhaichyk £7.5m, Sanogo £1.9m, Felipe Anderson (loan) and Digne (loan). Also made a deal to Loan Kovacevic from Dinamo when he turns 18 with an option to sign.

Sold Petrov, Beye, Dunne, Guzan and sent Ireland out on loan to free up wages. Heskey's not wanted by anoyone and doesn't agree to a mutual termination.

It's gone well so far with 3 wins and 2 draws in the league and also progressed to next round in the league cup but drew Chelsea. Beat Liverpool 3-0 in the league after a hat trick from Quintero.

I'm using Gabby as the deep lying forward and he'd doing great for the team, holding up the ball and dragging the opposition CB out of position and often turning him easily. He hasn't scored though and is making strange shooting decisions, but he is the main reason Bent has 4 in 4 and Quintero has 5 in 2(2). He also got Carragher sent of against Liverpool, so I'm gonna stick with it even though he's not scoring.

Just as I finish my exams I see that SI have released a new patch.

Thinking of starting in Germany or maybe some low level Premier League side. Time for some brutal football management!

Yup Essien was free, a bargain, has been a rock for me although I will be letting him go soon, just got Gago on a free, just as good but 4 years younger.

Just got Sturridge on a free too. Brilliant.

Sturridge - Bendtner/Gabby

Bannan - Sigurðsson - Essien - A Johnson

Clark - Polenta - Shawcross - S Coleman

Butland

Next up to be replaced is Bannan, then Bendtner. Am trying to build slowly.

Yup Essien was free, a bargain, has been a rock for me although I will be letting him go soon, just got Gago on a free, just as good but 4 years younger.

Just got Sturridge on a free too. Brilliant.

Sturridge - Bendtner/Gabby

Bannan - Sigurðsson - Essien - A Johnson

Clark - Polenta - Shawcross - S Coleman

Butland

Next up to be replaced is Bannan, then Bendtner. Am trying to build slowly.

Have you tried Verratti?

He is cheap and develops brilliantly

Â