Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

Why would Fergie care about what happens to Liverpool? You aren't in the title race with or without Suarez.

i keep hearing them whinge that Fergie wants them out of title race. FFS get a grip on reality. Liverpool have same chance as Villa of winning title. ZERO

Yep Liverpool have the 6th best team so finishing 4th would be a fantastic season for them. Thinking they can do any better is just delusional.

the one eyed "woe is us" attitude
Just because some sham mockery of an independent panel full of Fergie's mates
You've just proved DDID's point, but let's move on.

And Evra made a racial remark to Suarez so how come he hasn't been charged?
Are there any racially derogative terms for Uruguayans? I don't know any myself, just curious really. They're big on farming over there, so maybe Evra could have said something like "un agriculteur avec un visage de cheval".

No-one wants to talk about any of that because their prejudiced againt Suarez and had found him guilty before the FA did anything. They were just looking for a stick to beat him with.
Nobody has had to "find" him guilty; as stated in most of the above posts that you may have neglected to read, Suárez admitted his guilt...

The Free Dictionary"]ad·mit

v. ad·mit·ted, ad·mit·ting, ad·mits

v.tr.

1. To permit to enter: A crack in the wall admitted some light.

2. To provide the right or a means of entrance to: A ticket that admits the whole group.

3. To permit to exercise the rights, functions, or privileges of: was admitted to the bar association.

4. To have room for; accommodate.

5. To afford opportunity for; permit: We must admit no delay in the proceedings.

6. To grant to be real, valid, or true; acknowledge: admit the truth. See Synonyms at acknowledge.

7. To grant as true or valid, as for the sake of argument; concede.

The same thing happened with Ronaldo when he was over here too.
He was a bit of a word removed, too. Doesn't excuse Suárez one iota. I once rented a room off an idiot who liked to throw racial slurs about, does this mean I'm allowed to? No, because I'm not a word removed (well, not for that anyway).

We will support our players and our team and our City till our death and if other clubs and cities wouldn't do the same then I pity them quite frankly.
Unless they happen to be a reserve goalkeeper who happens to smile during a minutes silence of course. Then you will suspend him for 14 days.
Nail well and truly hit square on the head.

He was never going to get a fair hairin from the panel or from the general public and thats why he'll take the FA or Evra or both through the courts himself and he'll win because the evidence used by the FA won't stand up in a court of law and everyon knows it.

Ironic really, seeing as there's no such thing as a fair hearing in a scouse court for a famous scouser. Just ask Ken Dodd and Steve Gerrard.

So first you claim the evidence is being withheld rather than released within 24 hours as part of some grand conspiracy which was simply inaccurate and when challenged on it you simply ignore it.

Instead you launch a new conspiracy that Fergie is pulling the strings to get Suarez banned. Utterly utterly mind numbingly daft.

I hate to break this to you fella but Fergie ain't interested in Liverpool any more, sure when you play them its a big game and all but you are really not on their radar any more as a rival. You stopped being many years ago despite the press continuing each year to talk about your title challenge.

Its all about Man City these days and staying out of their reach and aiming for that 20th title, Liverpool have already lost to Fergie you are yesterdays news to him. Right now he has far bigger concerns than how many games your goal shy striker missses.

Are there any racially derogative terms for Uruguayans? I don't know any myself, just curious really. They're big on farming over there, so maybe Evra could have said something like "un agriculteur avec un visage de cheval".

I've read in a few places that sudaca was the word that was used. But according to wiki it's a word used by the Spanish to insult Latin Americans. I imagine it's used to say they are the superior race to them or something, so it wouldn't really mean much at all coming from a black guy would it? He hasn't admitted saying it either..

Dunno about that. We do have an effective test though:

Toela65, would you say that trophies won by teams before 1892 (the year Liverpool FC were formed) should count when they list their honours?

Why would Fergie care about what happens to Liverpool? You aren't in the title race with or without Suarez.

Nothing to do with the title race. he wanted to protect Evra because what this shit storm first kicked off a lot of people where looking at Evra and thinking "he's got previous" (which isn't actually true.

No way Fergie was letting Evra come out of it looking bad. he got what he wanted and proved this by speaking to the press sayin he commended the FA and backed their decision.

I love the way you put words in my mouth though. When did I ever say it had to do with a title race or even to do with Liverpool as a club?

You do realise that Suarez admits using the word right? There's no defense at all. He's admitted saying it, so there's no way out for him. It's just small time, pathetic and laughable that LFC and the fans are supporting him in this way.

Where though?

I'm sure its true but there has been no actual proof he said anything just 'reported' in papers etc which means jack.

He 'alledgedly' admitted to saying "Negrito" in the Uruguayan media but no definitive proof yet. I think he did.

Again though, interesting the way everybody just takes it as gospel that he "admitted using the word" even though they don't know where it is he was meant to have said it. Very telling.

Cue much googling and linking to dubious new stories on footy websites.

No way Fergie was letting Evra come out of it looking bad. he got what he wanted and proved this by speaking to the press sayin he commended the FA and backed their decision.

"Letting Evra come out of it looking bad?" As if he was phoning up Dennis Smith insisting he ban Suarez because he had nothing better to do.

Of course he would back their decision, it was the right decision. I back their decision as well.

Presumably that's proof that I was also in on the conspiracy to rig the decision just to piss of Liverpool?

Why do you think a routine, 24 hour task (usually) is being stretched out till Feb? Doe's that not seem a little strange or dubious to anyone?

Because its not a normal situation, Suarez allegedly used a word that another player classed as racist and is not a well used word in this country.

Its completely different to any other case and is why it took ages.

If your conspiracy theory is correct, why didn't they just decide overnight if they wanted to screw Liverpool over?

Why did Kenny seem to defend all that Suarez has done, but conveniently miss him giving the Fulham crowd the finger?

There has been a previous case or alleged racist language with the FA and it was dealt with a lot quicker and more straight forward than this case. No reason for this one to be different.

The reason where concerned is because (and I think anyon with half a brain would be a bit concerned by the following):

1) The FA took 3 times the amount of time as expected to actually just decide if they were going to charge Suarez or not.

2)It was 3-4 weeks after the 2 players and ref and other players involved in the incident were interviewed that the charge was finally announced. It set a new precedent for how long it had taken to decide whether to even charge someone or not.

3) The panel was meant to last 3 days with the FAs decision announced on the friday, the final day, after a break for deliberation. For an unknown an un stated reason the FA decided to postpone this till AT LEAST the following Tuesday without any explanation as to why this was necessary.

4)In all other cases and it is statutory that the club recieve written reasoning as to how the panel arrived at there decision 24-48 hours after the panels verdict is announced. This has been put back to where it could be upto 6 weeks after the panels decision that we receive an ACTUAL explanation as to why Suarez was found guilty.

5)There were/are credible reports that one of the reasons there was a delay in the initial panel decision being announced because one of the panel members had "changed their mind" and they needed a unanimous decision.

If this all happend to your club or your player this way and the FA wouldn't so much as give you an explanation as to why they are taking the piss like this you would be angry too.

And regardless what any of you say if this same thing happened with one of your players and they were treated the way Suarez has been treated you'd be defending them just as much as we are and you know you would but you don't have the balls to admit it.

Suarez has been branded a racist and will carry that reputation with him forever EVEN THOUGH the person and the body that have brought charges againt him have both said uneqivocably that they do not believe him to be a racist. Just look at the back page of The Mirror the next day.

In regards to the fulham finger EVERYBODY missed him do that and it would of stayed like that if a picture hadn't of been taken of him just like with all the other pros its happened with who got away it includin our own Raul meireles.

We will support our players and our team and our City till our death and if other clubs and cities wouldn't do the same then I pity them quite frankly.

Unless they happen to be a reserve goalkeeper who happens to smile during a minutes silence of course. Then you will suspend him for 14 days.

What that keeper did was unforgivable. he was cracking jokes in the middle of the 20th Anniversary memorial service of Hillsborough where people were sat in front of him crying over their lost loved ones and his OWN CAPTAIN was sat there mourning the family he lost on that day.

It was the height of bad taste and insensitivity and he deserved everythin he got. Every Liverpool player is hugely briefed on the Hillsborough tragedy and everything to do with it when they sign. It is included in the DVDs they get on arrival. The reason I know this as I used to be very good friends with an ex Liverpool player who just happens to play for your club now.

The fact you would even bring up the Itandje incident as a sort of stick to beat Liverpool supporters with is just completely crass and disgusting. What did you expect us to do to him? Pat him on the back and tell him well done lad!! Idiot!!

And to the person who said he's been found guilty therefore he is. Who was he found guilty by and why did they find him guilty? Thats what we are waiting to find out.

an independent commision everybody understands this except Liverpool fans and he has admitted using the word in the game

How do you know he admitted using that word or are you just accepting that at face value too?

The were hardly an independen panel when 2 of the members have big links to Man U and the person bringing the charges plays for Man U and Liverpool and Man U hate each other.

You would be dubious if Villa were in the same situation and 2 members of the alledgedly independent panel had close links to Birmingham City too.

i keep hearing them whinge that Fergie wants them out of title race. FFS get a grip on reality. Liverpool have same chance as Villa of winning title. ZERO

Nothing to do with a title race. I or any other Liverpool fan never said it had anything to with a title race. You made that up yourself.

Suarez is guilty because people hate him and want him to be guilty. He was never going to get a fair hairin from the panel or from the general public and thats why he'll take the FA or Evra or both through the courts himself and he'll win because the evidence used by the FA won't stand up in a court of law and everyon knows it.

He's guilty because he admitted it and thats the evidence the FA will use.

As for people hating him. Unfortunately when you are a complete tosser, people will often be against you. If he wasn't such a diving, biting, fan abusing prick then maybe the general public would hold a different view of him?

I hope this continues though. Liverpool and their fans make a bigger circus of themselves every year. Long may it continue.

I am so pleased you posted this as all you have done is proven be right so thank you. This is nothing to do with what Suarez said for most people. Its down to the fact they hate Suarez, which started along time before the incident with Evra.

You have satisfied me as has the other poster who wrote similar sentiments towards Suarez above.

The people who say they had no feeling towards Suarez or Liverpool before all this Evra stuff began, their the ones I actually respect and listen to as they are not biased.

I've read in a few places that sudaca was the word that was used. But according to wiki it's a word used by the Spanish to insult Latin Americans. I imagine it's used to say they are the superior race to them or something, so it wouldn't really mean much at all coming from a black guy would it? He hasn't admitted saying it either..

Thank you for this. Someone who has bothered to actually learn all the facts.

Evra speaks fluent Spanish and called him a racially charged derogatory term for South Americans - Sudaca.

This was reported to the Panel by someone else but Suarez just said he didn't hear it although later admitted he had.

Evra also accused the Ref of being racist.

No-one talks about these two things. I wonder why? Apparently when this is all done where going to put a complaint into the FA about Evras use of the Sudaca word and see if he gets the same treatment as Suarez.

Suarez is considering suing for Defamation based principally on The Mirror Racist headline.

"Letting Evra come out of it looking bad?" As if he was phoning up Dennis Smith insisting he ban Suarez because he had nothing better to do.

Of course he would back their decision, it was the right decision. I back their decision as well.

Presumably that's proof that I was also in on the conspiracy to rig the decision just to piss of Liverpool?

So him being mates with Fergie categorically had absolutely no influence on his decision. Of course Fergie is going to defend his player, especially if it means getting one over the club he hates the most.

Suarez has been branded a racist and will carry that reputation with him forever EVEN THOUGH the person and the body that have brought charges againt him have both said uneqivocably that they do not believe him to be a racist

FFS for the 100000000000000000000000000th time nobody has said he is a racist, he made a racist comment