Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

"he is 6 points ahead of woy hodgson when he left. Only kenny has spent 100m. 100m for 6 extra points? Not good enough."

shocking stat.. if it was any other manager..

Also if it we're true, it's not.

At the same point last year they were on 22 points and were 3 points above relegation...

Now they now on 31 points and 3 points off a champs league place...

If I defend someone who has been found guilty of murder who I believe is innocent and been wrongly accused and convicted doe's that mean then that I support murder?

If that person admitted to the murder, then yes, you would be supporting murder.

You do realise that Suarez admits using the word right? There's no defense at all. He's admitted saying it, so there's no way out for him. It's just small time, pathetic and laughable that LFC and the fans are supporting him in this way.

I wouldn't expect any favours from the FA ever again.

Why would it? Heskey was superb for Liverpool, he was one of the best players in the league ten years ago.

The guy is clutching at straws with transfer fees too. Comparing prices in 2011 to 2000 is about as daft as comparing prices between 2000 and 1989, and I very much doubt anybody would do that.

Disagree, there is a massive difference in transfer fees between 90 and 2000, compared to 2000 and now.

On the Heskey note, it will wind up the Liverpool fans as they believe they are untouchable and the players are world class. I know, I live with one.

There is one major floor with that article that renders it completely invalid. Heskey played 20 games more than Suarez so that has a knock on effect in a positive way to all Heskeys stats. The comparison would have to be over the same number of games and it would have to look at opposition, competition played etc

In Heskeys first year we played a shit load of UEFA Cup games against Latvian part timers which obviously gave him a boost stats wise.

However, it must be said the first season and a half Heskey played for us he was absolutely immense. He scored for fun and all types of skillful lobs and perfect finishes. He dominated in the air, he read the gme brilliantly he set up a lot etc etc.

One of the best starts to an LFC career I've ever seen. He was first choice striker and it was Owen and Fowler who had to fight to partner him. That alone is some achievement.

We stand by Suarez because we don't believe he is guilty and we don't believe he is a racist.

If I defend someone who has been found guilty of murder who I believe is innocent and been wrongly accused and convicted doe's that mean then that I support murder?

He's not been found guilty of being a racist. He's been found guilty of using racist language. Which he's admitted doing.

Is there really anything more to it than that that needs to be disclosed?

It comes down to whether when Suarez said the word "Negrito" to Evra did he do so did he realise how bad a word it is to use and I don't think he did. I think he thought it was no worse than calling someone Ginger.

And to the person who said he's been found guilty therefore he is. Who was he found guilty by and why did they find him guilty? Thats what we are waiting to find out.

Two of the people on the panel have strong links to Fergie and all the Suarez haters just seem to think that thats irrelevant somehow.

Suarez is guilty because people hate him and want him to be guilty. He was never going to get a fair hairin from the panel or from the general public and thats why he'll take the FA or Evra or both through the courts himself and he'll win because the evidence used by the FA won't stand up in a court of law and everyon knows it.

The FA will shit one if their threatened with legal action and when they are, and when Suarez appeals I fully expect his ban to be reduced to 5 games to appease him and the club and to put an end to the matter.

If the FA ever bother to release their findings and their evidence and they show they have incontravertible audio/visual evidence then I will be first to hold my hand up and want him gone but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Why do you think a routine, 24 hour task (usually) is being stretched out till Feb? Doe's that not seem a little strange or dubious to anyone?

If you think we give a **** about what anybody thinks about us or Suarez or how much of a 'backlash' there is you are very much mistaken.

We stand by Suarez because we don't believe he is guilty and we don't believe he is a racist.

I am waiting for the official written report from the FA where they will finally disclose what evidence made them arrive at a guilty verdict. This report was meant to be with us 24hrs after the verdict being announced and we have now been told it may not arrive until February. How convienient that is.

I would suggest everyone, LFC fans and people who hate us and Suarez wait until the written report is released before coming to any final conclusions on Suarez's guilt.

You know what matey, almost nobody thinks Luis Suarez is racist. Including as it happens The Football Association. Just like I don't think many people believe Ron Atkinson to be racist either. It is however completely unacceptable to use racial language on a football pitch, regardless of the connotations or the mood at the time. It's 2011, two-thousand-****-eleven, why on earth are we still having this debate.

If you can't see why people like myself, who previously had no strong feeling either way towards Liverpool FC, are now turning against your pathetic, childish, ignorant stance then I might as well argue with a dish cloth.

The statement, the t-shirts, the one eyed "woe is us" attitude. That mong Dalglish. Liverpool FC should hang it's head in shame. I'm actually starting to feel a little bit sorry for Suarez, his name is being tarnished forever because of your sordid little club. This could have gone away a long time ago....

We will support our players and our team and our City till our death and if other clubs and cities wouldn't do the same then I pity them quite frankly.

Just because some sham mockery of an independent panel full of Fergie's mates says what Suarez has done is wrong without taking into account any mitigating circumstances whatsoever doe's not prove his guilt to me.

If he takes legal action like expected and he loses then I will be satisfied of his guilt.

And Evra made a racial remark to Suarez so how come he hasn't been charged? He told the ref he was only booking him becuase he's black basically calling the ref a racist but thats fine? No-one wants to talk about any of that because their prejudiced againt Suarez and had found him guilty before the FA did anything. They were just looking for a stick to beat him with.

The same thing happened with Ronaldo when he was over here too.

You do realise that Suarez admits using the word right? There's no defense at all. He's admitted saying it, so there's no way out for him. It's just small time, pathetic and laughable that LFC and the fans are supporting him in this way.

Where though?

I'm sure its true but there has been no actual proof he said anything just 'reported' in papers etc which means jack.

Why do you think a routine, 24 hour task (usually) is being stretched out till Feb? Doe's that not seem a little strange or dubious to anyone?

Because its not a normal situation, Suarez allegedly used a word that another player classed as racist and is not a well used word in this country.

Its completely different to any other case and is why it took ages.

If your conspiracy theory is correct, why didn't they just decide overnight if they wanted to screw Liverpool over?

Why did Kenny seem to defend all that Suarez has done, but conveniently miss him giving the Fulham crowd the finger?

We will support our players and our team and our City till our death and if other clubs and cities wouldn't do the same then I pity them quite frankly.

Unless they happen to be a reserve goalkeeper who happens to smile during a minutes silence of course. Then you will suspend him for 14 days.

And to the person who said he's been found guilty therefore he is. Who was he found guilty by and why did they find him guilty? Thats what we are waiting to find out.

an independent commision everybody understands this except Liverpool fans and he has admitted using the word in the game

Why would Fergie care about what happens to Liverpool? You aren't in the title race with or without Suarez.

i keep hearing them whinge that Fergie wants them out of title race. FFS get a grip on reality. Liverpool have same chance as Villa of winning title. ZERO

Suarez is guilty because people hate him and want him to be guilty. He was never going to get a fair hairin from the panel or from the general public and thats why he'll take the FA or Evra or both through the courts himself and he'll win because the evidence used by the FA won't stand up in a court of law and everyon knows it.

He's guilty because he admitted it and thats the evidence the FA will use.

As for people hating him. Unfortunately when you are a complete tosser, people will often be against you. If he wasn't such a diving, biting, fan abusing prick then maybe the general public would hold a different view of him?

I hope this continues though. Liverpool and their fans make a bigger circus of themselves every year. Long may it continue.