Who Should be the Villa Captain this Season? (2011/12)

bickster

Who Should be the Villa Captain this Season?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should be the Villa Captain this Season?

• Warnock
    • Clark (someone already said this in another topic)
    • Gabby
    • Young
    • Dunne
    • Collins
    • N'Zogbia
    • Given
    • Bent
    • Petrov

I don't see any reason to change it. Petrov has been a good captain for us, the lads seem to like him, he has done nothing wrong and certainly nothing to take the armband off him. I don't see a better leader in the current squad.

Obviously if he cannot recover enough to play semi-regularly then that forces a change. Toss up for me then between Dunne and Given.

Absolutely 0% chance you will see Petrov this season.

also a 0.001% chance that he'll play competitive football for us ever again, and a 0.1% chance he'll ever play top level football anywhere again.

Its going to take him at least a couple of years to recover, by which time he'll be pushing 35.

Ireland? He gives his all, he is one of our best players (on his day).

Though..... most people would be fuming at that decision, so.. Collins.

If you were judged on the pitch then I would choose Collins but his off pitch antics means he's out, def not Gabby. Pffft, hopefully Lambert can sign someone to replace Petrov who is captain material.

I would be delighted if Clark, Gardner or Herd was appointed captain. It would give a real incentive for the academy graduates to take ownership of this team now similar to Ramsey at Wales rather than being understudies to Dunne/Collins/Warnock et al, which is what I think has caused their development to stall.

I think Clark is more than capable and it would help his game rather than hinder it.

That would just add way too much pressure to any of them, plus considering we're (hopefully) going to have a busy summer, I can't see many experienced players wanting to come to us only to be under the captaincy of a rookie. For the most part though, it's the added pressure on the young lads which is completely avoidable and unnecessary.

I suspect it'll either be Dunne, Collins (if either of them stick around) or one of the new players brought in during the summer.