Who Should be the Villa Captain this Season? (2011/12)

bickster

Who Should be the Villa Captain this Season?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should be the Villa Captain this Season?

• Warnock
    • Clark (someone already said this in another topic)
    • Gabby
    • Young
    • Dunne
    • Collins
    • N'Zogbia
    • Given
    • Bent
    • Petrov

You missed Stephen Ireland.

I'm sure you're taking the piss, so I won't bother. If you want to come up with a convincing case for him I'll consider it.

Well how can N'Zogbia be considered for captain?

I'm sure you're taking the piss, so I won't bother. If you want to come up with a convincing case for him I'll consider it.

I've seen it suggested elsewhere, seriously, so I included him.

So do you have a point to make or are you just trying to ruin the topic before it's started?

The way forward is chosing Clark..Old head on young shoulders..People easily forget his drive when he got the equaliser against City and his 2 x Goals against Arsenal.. A player Fergy has his eye on and for Villa to move forward these players should be ones now coming to the front...

Backwards is picking Petrov or Dunne.

Petrov gets my vote just as he had my backing in the other thread. He has moments of quality and is a steady eddy in the most part.

I cant see any other players in our squad at the minute who would be any better wearing the armband. Maybe in 2/3 years with plenty of first team football and of course hoping they develop maybe Delph or Clark.

I think theres a chance Mcleish will realise we need a defensive CM player and perhaps leadership quality will be one of the attributes he is looking for if he goes out to sign one in Jan/Summer.

For now though I think Petrov will do a job.

The way forward is chosing Clark..Old head on young shoulders..People easily forget his drive when he got the equaliser against City and his 2 x Goals against Arsenal.. A player Fergy has his eye on and for Villa to move forward these players should be ones now coming to the front...

easily forget something that never happened? :lol:

Clark isn't and shouldn't a regular so shouldn't be picked as captain.

Darren Bent. He's miles better than anyone else in our team, does his job of scoring, sometimes helps out in other areas and no doubt he can lead a team in the Shearer mould. We need someone of real class to captain the side, not one of the cloggers at the back or the current incumbent, a guy who looks like he's going to have a heart attack after 60 minutes.

Bent for captain! (it might also prolong his stay)

I've seen it suggested elsewhere, seriously, so I included him.

So do you have a point to make or are you just trying to ruin the topic before it's started?

Petrov

The club captain doesn't have to start every game.

Though I guess it does help if he starts more often than not.

But the thing with Clark is that he's not yet a guaranteed starter. Our CBs are Dunne and Collins. Clark shouldn't play DM as I think he is less effective there.

There is no way the captaincy should come from the midfield, as there is nobody there inspiring enough. Same with Upfront... Bent and Gabby are not captain material. So that leaves us with defence and keeper - Given is brand new and shouldn't be given it yet (plus I don't really like goalie captains) so that really only leaves us with Dunne. Which, I will be happy with.

easily forget something that never happened? :lol:

Clark isn't and shouldn't a regular so shouldn't be picked as captain.

Sorry meant the Chelsea game.