Who Should be the Villa Captain this Season? (2011/12)

bickster

Who Should be the Villa Captain this Season?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should be the Villa Captain this Season?

• Warnock
    • Clark (someone already said this in another topic)
    • Gabby
    • Young
    • Dunne
    • Collins
    • N'Zogbia
    • Given
    • Bent
    • Petrov

Be interesting to see how many of the 44% that voted Petrov,would have voted for a new signing in the mould of Parker instead? Shame that choice wasnt listed in the options for us to vote for.. It kinda shows how lacking we are for a decent captain when you see votes going to goalkeepers and youth players.

Given has the makings of a good captain for me and is 1st name on teamsheet alongside bent each week.

I agree, he is a winner with drive and determination...The only problem is that he isnt involved with the outfield play which is somthing you need at times when you are captaining the side.. Yes he can drive the team on from the back but the communication can break down as you get further up field.

Given has the makings of a good captain for me and is 1st name on teamsheet alongside bent each week.

I agree, he is a winner with drive and determination...The only problem is that he isnt involved with the outfield play which is somthing you need at times when you are captaining the side..

To be fair Clark is hardly involved in much outfield play and yet you are championing him for captain.

Be interesting to see how many of the 44% that voted Petrov,would have voted for a new signing in the mould of Parker instead? Shame that choice wasnt listed in the options for us to vote for.. It kinda shows how lacking we are for a decent captain when you see votes going to goalkeepers and youth players.

Might as well put Ika Casillas in the list too, whilst we're about it, why not Zinedine Zidane or Zico too

Since today sems to be a bit of a field day for people launching pointless crirticisms of Petrov (see the other thread quoting Dennis Mortimer's irritating comments :angry:), I thought I would bounce this as a reminder that nobody else even comes close to Petrov as first choice for Captain.

The only problem is that he isnt involved with the outfield play which is somthing you need at times when you are captaining the side..

No you don't.

What if the ball is in the oppossition half and we are chasing the game and need that leader to step up offering drive, movement, intelligence, confidence? Bit difficult from between the posts at the other end of the field. Im not saying Keepers shouldnt EVER be captains, its just not always ideal in my view.