Who Should be the Villa Captain this Season? (2011/12)

bickster

Who Should be the Villa Captain this Season?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should be the Villa Captain this Season?

• Warnock
    • Clark (someone already said this in another topic)
    • Gabby
    • Young
    • Dunne
    • Collins
    • N'Zogbia
    • Given
    • Bent
    • Petrov

He was the most driven player last season when the chips were down..At the end of the day, some fans are scared of change..Yet a bit of a gamble and bit of change is what this club needs.

A fresh young lad that gives 110% and drives the team on to win is a great choice for captain. It shows these over-paid lazy players the kind of spirit and effort we are looking for.

Move with the times :twisted:

He was the most driven player last season when the chips were down..At the end of the day, some fans are scared of change..Yet a bit of a gamble and bit of change is what this club needs.

A fresh young lad that gives 110% and drives the team on to win is a great choice for captain. It shows these over-paid lazy players the kind of spirit and effort we are looking for.

Move with the times :twisted:

Yes thats the reason behind posters questioning it, we are afraid of change.

I voted for Collins..

My second choice is Given I think.

I like Petrov he's a great role model and I've never agreed with the bashing he gets off some fans..works his socks off... but I think he's just too nice.

You need someone whose gonna kick people up the backside.

Collins has showed an enoromous amount of guts pre-season which is possibly why he's been promoted to No 6.

Given = only just joined

Dunne = drunken behaviour and having a go at staff and Delph

Collins = same as Dunne

Petrov = too old and lacks pace/mobility to drive the team forward

N'Zogbia = only just joined

Young = refused to play LB for the good of the club

Gabby = not clever enough

Yet Clark is a ludicrous choice?

I still think Petrov. Pretty much because I don't think there is anyone else who could do it. I don't think giving it Given straight after coming into the club is a good idea, need to let him settle.

Given = only just joined

Collins = same as Dunne

I'm really not slating your opinion but just joining a club or being too old dont imo mean you cant be a captain of a club. Plenty of examples out there.

I think Clark could well be a future captain depending on his development and attitude (of which i know little) but he needs to hold down a first team position first and at present I think he's perhaps considered a good prospect and squad player by the fans and manager alike.

Given = only just joined

Collins = same as Dunne

That's not very nice :|

Petrov all the way 100%. Model Pro, has behaved impeccably during his time and I'm proud to have him as the club Captain

If we're keeping Ivanhoe, I'd have him as a Vice Captain. Again, good pro, bags of experience and I think he'd step up to the plate.

I haven't voted yet, still thinking it's not an easy choice. I'm leaning towards petrov but my worry is that he's usually dead on his feet after 65 minutes and it can't be very inspiring watching someone tread water for the last quarter of games.

That said I think we're sometimes guilty of overestimating the importance of the captain in this country, partly as a consequence of the blood and thunder nature of the game i guess. It is important but not as critical as it is in Cricket or Rugby where the captain has a formal role that can decide the result of the match.

When did Young refuse to play LB, must have missed this seeing as he has played that position at least half his time at Villa...

He didn't refuse to play LB. IIRC He dared to question MON for playing him there. For that act of abject mutiny he was dropped immediately and summarily banished to play with the stiffs.

Men and their egos..... such eeediots at times!

When did Young refuse to play LB, must have missed this seeing as he has played that position at least half his time at Villa...

He didn't refuse to play LB. IIRC He dared to question MON for playing him there. For that act of abject mutiny he was dropped immediately and summarily banished to play with the stiffs.

Men and their egos..... such eeediots at times!

I had thought that him not playing was more due to the death of his stepbrother and trying to cope with that mentally before being able to play.

Luke went through a period after the shock death of his brother where he needed a break from football

I've not seen him around Solihull lately, didn't he move back to London/South East

Not one player on that list ticks all the right boxes in terms of quality, reliable, inspirational, worthy of the job, definate starter etc. Bent isn't the right kind of player. Given is perhaps the only one but I am against keepers being skippers. I hope we sign our new captain before the transfer window closes but I've been saying that for the last two windows. Petrov gets it by default.