Who Should be the Villa Captain this Season? (2011/12)

bickster

Who Should be the Villa Captain this Season?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should be the Villa Captain this Season?

• Warnock
    • Clark (someone already said this in another topic)
    • Gabby
    • Young
    • Dunne
    • Collins
    • N'Zogbia
    • Given
    • Bent
    • Petrov

If Petrov is respected and popular in the squad, I see no reason to change it. Players who are louder on the pitch can still be loud without wearing an armband. That said, I think only someone close to the squad as people (as opposed to just watching them on a football pitch/in interviews) can really judge who would make best captain. It should be largely symbolic but there is probably an important psychological aspect that you have to take into account in making the choice.

That Petrov is winning by double the next guy, for me shows what a shambles our team is ATM. My Chelsea mate just FBed me "got a really strong feeling Villa gonna go down this year" and with NRC gone and the flimsiest midfield in the premiership and 31 worth of goals direct or assists from last season gone in Young an Downing I can't rush to dispute him on that.

That Petrov is winning by double the next guy, for me shows what a shambles our team is ATM. My Chelsea mate just FBed me "got a really strong feeling Villa gonna go down this year" .

My Liverpool supporting mate text me just as I was leaving Ewood Park in 2009 after we'd beat Blackburn 2-0 and said he thought we were going to win the league. He was well wrong so with all due respect it really matters very little what your Chelsea supporting pal thinks. We will not be relegated so tell your mate he knows **** all.

My Chelsea mate just FBed me "got a really strong feeling Villa gonna go down this year"

I think I might put my life savings on us going down then, there is no way he can be wrong, not with a strong feeling surely?

What other strong feelings does he have? If there are any about the world financial crisis perhaps you could point some world leaders to his facebook page.

Petrov is the best man for the job on the face of things, seems to love the club and seems to be very well respected in the dressing room. However personally I don't think he should be starting most games so maybe he isn't the best choice. I would love Delph to start every week and I see him as a future captain. Off this list I have to say it is between Dunne and Collins for me, and I think Collins has a better attitude (slightly) and is more likely to bollock others than Dunne, and he is very passionate. So I voted for Collins.

My Liverpool supporting mate text me just as I was leaving Ewood Park in 2009 after we'd beat Blackburn 2-0 and said he thought they were going to win the league

thats what they all say ;)

Petrov is the best man for the job on the face of things, seems to love the club and seems to be very well respected in the dressing room.

Are you describing a footballer or a politician?

I can't tell what the **** the last two have to do with winning a game of **** football. Maybe all clubs should vote for nicest opposing captain so we can rejoice in Petrov winning an award to make up for the lack of results on the pitch.

Petrov = lets just carry on as we are and stay in decline.

Running Aston Villa atm is like on a knife edge..Ticket sales are down, fans are negative etc.. You can pretty much guess that Randy would be interested in who we all would like as captain, as getting on side with the fans after all whats gone on is important atm for the club..

So lets all vote Petrov and keep things the same. :shock:

Or you could vote for Ciaran Clark and send out a clear message to the club that we are fed up with these higher paid older players that are over-hyped and over-rated.

Getting 30k per week Cuellar off the books isnt as good for the club's future, as it would getting rid of 50k per week Dunne's wage off the books.

Cuellar can do Dunne's job for a cheaper wage.

Clark can do Collins job for a cheaper wage.

Reo could have done Petrov's job for a cheaper wage.

To move forward we need the wages from Petrov, Dunne, Warnock, Collins and Heskey spent on better players.. And to get better players we need these guys out of the club..To get these guys out of the club, you replace them "atm" with the younger guys like Clark..

Yes its another season relying on younger players to survive...But once the high earners start freeing up wages, replacements of a better quality and more shrewdness in the trans market than MON would see us then start to climb and progress...

So voting for Petrov means he stays another season on his expensive contract...Stopping us removing him and spending those wages on a better player!

So voting for Petrov means he stays another season on his expensive contract...Stopping us removing him and spending those wages on a better player!

You do know the vote is not legally binding for the club, right?

Or you could vote for Ciaran Clark

Clark isn't experienced enough or good enough YET to play week in week out, let along captain the club.

Petrov is the best man for the job on the face of things, seems to love the club and seems to be very well respected in the dressing room.

Are you describing a footballer or a politician?

I can't tell what the **** the last two have to do with winning a game of **** football. Maybe all clubs should vote for nicest opposing captain so we can rejoice in Petrov winning an award to make up for the lack of results on the pitch.

Ahhh the classic 'cut down the quote so I can lay into what wasn't the intended meaning and I know it' internet technique.

Somebody on here has had a hatred hard on for Petrov from day one and the amusing part is the fact that the hater vanished into silence the season when Petrov was player of the year only to return with the same vitriol the next time he had a bad game. This shit has been going on for years and gets rather boring. You don't like him, we get that.