Mortimer Thinks Petrov is Rubbish (Poll Added)

Kiwivillan

Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Should Petrov retain the captaincy this season?

• Yes
    • No

The obviously tiring Petrov, struggled like hell, coughing and wheezing to get into the box in the last ten minutes of the game and fell onto the ball to score the winner in the last ten minutes of the game, at Stamford Bridge. He left a river of sweat trailing in his wake before being carried off the pitch with exhaustion.

I wonder if Sir Dennis has changed his mind yet :crylaugh:

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can you say about the guy. Continues to have an excellent season. Great composed finish for his goal. Should have had a pen as well seconds earlier.

He has led by example this season and its clear all the other lads look up to him. Shame that age will inevitably catch up with him. Hopefully he has another couple of years at this level in him as he will be very difficult to replace.

So much better when he's allowed to go forward. I don't like him when he sits in front of the defence, always takes the easy way out and allows someone else to take the initiative for us. Another great performance today however. Him, Clark and Ireland were brilliant.

So much better when he's allowed to go forward. I don't like him when he sits in front of the defence, always takes the easy way out and allows someone else to take the initiative for us. Another great performance today however. Him, Clark and Ireland were brilliant.

Very very true.

Its great he has Clark as a foil. He knows Clark will do some of the dirtier work. Have been praising him all along. He is probably one of the better most consistent passers at the club and for that reason alone, he is probably the most important part of our team.

So much better when he's allowed to go forward. I don't like him when he sits in front of the defence, always takes the easy way out and allows someone else to take the initiative for us.

You know when he sits and "takes the easy way out" and "allows someone else to take the initiative for us". Thats what he's supposed to do, those would be his instructions, it's his job in those circumstances.

So much better when he's allowed to go forward. I don't like him when he sits in front of the defence, always takes the easy way out and allows someone else to take the initiative for us.

You know when he sits and "takes the easy way out" and "allows someone else to take the initiative for us". Thats what he's supposed to do, those would be his instructions, it's his job in those circumstances.

Yes, aware of that. He's just completely wasted when playing there is all I'm saying.

Interesting as I remember we bought Petrov as a box to box midfielder. MON pretty much always player him out of position and perhaps unsurprisingly he struggled. Now he is being played in a more attacking position he looks much better. I'm no fan of AMcL but it is a bit obvious really.

Added to that both Herd and Clark look much better in the DM role.

Interesting as I remember we bought Petrov as a box to box midfielder. MON pretty much always player him out of position and perhaps unsurprisingly he struggled.

Amazing how he won both players and fans player of the year in that position he struggled at, in that period we finished 6th 3 years running.

Loving the goals Stan is getting. Thought he was capable of that as he made great forward runs in that West Ham game all those years ago but has been very much a 1 goal a season man right up to this season.

I kind of get the feeling these great recent performances are his way of sticking two fingers up to the club board as I think it was Fuse a few weeks back who said Stan was informed the club wouldn't take up the one year option in his contract and he would be free to leave in the summer.

Only saw the 2nd half today, thought his positional play was good, he always plays better when he has more men around him but I stick with saying he's not the great player that people seem to think he is when he's in a 2 man CM. He looks a much better player when he gets in more advanced positions, definitely not a good holding CM at the PL level.

I kind of get the feeling these great recent performances are his way of sticking two fingers up to the club board as I think it was Fuse a few weeks back who said Stan was informed the club wouldn't take up the one year option in his contract and he would be free to leave in the summer.

If they let him leave in the summer they are more clueless than I give them credit for. I will be furious if they let him leave in the summer, let alone January.

Our most important player along with Gabby by a long shot.

Â