Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Maybe he's just not that good?

I hope it isnt the case but Shirley! If this lad was all he's cracked upto be he'd at least be on the bench and making appearances?

Desperate for him to be mint though.

He is "that" good! I think a lesson was learned from Delphs' situation about young players returning after serious injuries, and GG will be carefully used initially to try to avoid further problems.

May be a mistake to pin too high hopes on these younger players, especially in the midfield positions.

All very well and good for them to play well, score goals and create chances for the team in the reserves, but a regular starting place in the PL team is really another cup of tea. Not so much the technical ability, but the mental strength and concentration are asked for. Comming back from injury is another issue, and as someone mentioned, too much expectation can send the player backwards, as was the case with Delph last season.

The difference between Gardner and Wilshere is one got a very bad injury and the other had an excellent loan spell at Bolton.

The other (and more important difference), is that kids develop and mature at different rates. Only the academy and youth team coaches can say....this boy is ready. Since they will know him inside out.

Hence, why i really hope he is not rushed into playing. If not ready, it could destroy him.

The pressures and expectations are so high.

Get him in the team ffs. Why do Villa wait until a player is 22/23 before showing any real faith in them?

Hasnt stopped Fergie with Cleverley who i think is 22 and hasnt had this huge reputation from United fans our kids get from ours.

I think a loan spell to a team like Watford or Middlesboro were he will play every week would do him well

I dont agree with a spell in the championship for him, that may set him back

He needs PL game time now

I agree mate, i would usually say that a loan spell would do a young player wonders, going out to the Championship for 6 months and getting some first team football.

But in Gardner's case, i think he is technically ready for the Premiership. Maybe a loan to one of the lower teams like Wigan for example, but its Premiership football he needs not Championship level.

I'm a big fan and I have him on my shirt but to say Scholes and Gerard is massively building him up!

Houllier?

Not another one.... :yawn:

What?

Gerrard as in Steve is spelled with two "R's". It was a wee quip about every thread being turned into a Houllier snoozfest. Nay offence intended.

Ahh right man no bother I was lost! If Gerrard played for us I'd have slept it correctly lol, I get frustrated big time with people spelling Clarke and Gardiner, grrr.

Here's hoping you're comfortably asleep right now:)

Â