Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

The one thing you can say for Mr Gardner senior is that he taught his sons how to kick a football!

Was pleased with his start - long way for him to go but plenty of promise.

Looks solid player with ability to hold ball and find a pass as well as get into the box and try and get a goal.

It's a bit too early to be gushing over him I think.

Before he did his cruciate, he was talked in the same vein as Wilshire and scouted by Real Madrid & Inter Milan.

I think he is going to be as good as what people are making him out to be.

For how much longer though?? We need to be looking at replacing him at the end of this season IMO. Im not saying get rid of him, hes a good option to have in the squad, but we need a better player starting in his place

I agree. And I think Gardner could be his long term replacement, but he needs to learn the ropes alongside him in the meantime. For right now, this season, Petrov is a given. But not for much longer.

I agree - there is no reason to be gushing over him at this point. Not seen him do anything yet that Craig cant do.

i.e tackle well, pass well strike the ball nicely.

He does look a little more leggy, bit taller and a bit more running power so hopefully he can turn into a better player.

Time will tell

yeah where is sir gary cahill to tell us that Gary Gardener is over rated and doesn't deserve to start and how Ethan Moore should have had the same success as Messi.

corrected

You really should of corrected the spelling of Gardner too for him!

Just watched the latest AVTV interview with 'Captain Jack'.

One thing with this lad, he really does seem to care about the Club and appears to be truly "living the dream". I know Craig's love for the Blue side of the City has been much reported, but I really think Gary is one of us. This can only help his development if he is playing for a club he really cares for. Villa just need to be careful they don't overplay him: last week he played 90 mins of a reserve game plus the best part of the Premier game at Molyneux. Now there is talk that he will be involved in the Nextgen game this Wednesday. The lad is willing but Villa just need to take care. This could be the jewell of our team for the next 10 years!

yeah where is sir gary cahill to tell us that Gary Gardener is over rated and doesn't deserve to start and how Ethan Moore should have had the same success as Messi.

corrected

You really should have... tsk tsk!

corrected

You really should have... tsk tsk!

Haha! Doh!

For me, Gardner has the most potential of any of the youths

Possibly he has always looked a class player when I've seen him. He naturally leads on the pitch as well. I'm sure he'll be captain

of the first team one day.

However I think we have a fair few startlets coming through also - Daniel Johnson, Graham Burke, Carruthers & Grealish to name just a few

have made an impression on me.

I've just watched that AVTV interview with him after the Wolves game. There is no doubt that he's a Villa fan. He was talking about how he would play every game, at all levels, for Villa if possible. He also says he'd do anything for any of the staff at the club because of how much the club has done for him.

Please! One of our staff, ask him to sign a 12 year contract!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

I always have this hope deep down he'll be amazing but there is always a part of me hoping he's just average but good enough for Villa so no one takes him from us. I know for a fact if he breaks into the first team fully next season and has a great season he'll be playing for Liverpool or Man City in 2014 without fail.

Him being average won't help us at all in the long run though will it? If he's quality and stays then he'll help us as long as our ambition is up there, if not we'll sell him hopefully for as much as we can. Not that I enjoy seeing our best players being sold off to the bigger clubs but it's better to get a lot of money put back into the club considering Gardner has cost us nothing than for him to just be average and not help at all, don't you think?

Â