Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Isn't the maximum length of contract 5 years these days?

I have to say, from what I saw of him on Saturday, we have a promising player on our hands here. He looked composed on the ball, and seemed to be looking for intricate passes to advance up the pitch. Movement off the ball seemed good too, and he always seemed to be trying to make himself available for a pass.

Although I've not seen a lot of his play as yet, I've seen more positives about him than I ever did with his older brother.

Hope this is not aimed at me?? Very Happy

No it wasn't aimed at you.

I think Men and women think differently, which is perhaps why there are very few women who post on football forums and not just because many women don't like football. Sometimes perhaps they think there's enough violence and nastiness in the world, without reading verbal violence on the internet.

Having said that I'm sure there are alot of aggressive female keyboard warriors out there - just perhaps many of them don't like football!

Anyhow back OT about young Gardner....

I don't think it's a man/woman thing. There are plent VTers who agree with your posts Julie, myself included!

I also completely agree with your posts in the Wolves match thread about the team playing better away because there isn't the pressure of the home crowd (I was going to start a thread to that effect - with selected quotes from yourself and a few other VTers.... but I never got round to it!!)

(Me not getting round to it is where you can use the man/ woman argument :winkold:)

I wasn't referring to stuff being aimed at me necessarily although that has happened of course because if you put yourself in the firing line then you can hardly moan about the bullets.. ... it was more me as a woman reading threads that have descended into insulting tennis matches, which I personally don't like. Glad I'm not a mod!

Negativity is surely never helpful but it's par for the course these days so I suppose with regard to Villa Park players will just have to get used to it

Oh don't start me on about men never getting round to stuff!... ;)

Anyhow back OT Mr Gardner starts tonight!

I´m starting to warming to the idea of having two Gardners in midfield.

----Gardner------Gardner----

N´zogbia----Ireland-----Gabby

-----------Bent--------------

Two box to box rather than one def and one off.

Of course there is better players than Craig, but Craig and Gary should be able to get a good understanding going.

Of course there is better players than Craig, but Craig and Gary should be able to get a good understanding going.

Why do people still think Craig Gardner is any good? when he was here he was at best an ordinary player with little vision or skill. His brother Gary however is a real talent with great potential.

Why do people still think Craig Gardner is any good? when he was here he was at best an ordinary player with little vision or skill. His brother Gary however is a real talent with great potential.

Because he has progressed to be one of the better MCs in PL playing for relegated shitties with stats of 37 matches and 10 goals whole last season. This season is 17/3 at all which is not bad regarding he is in new team and learning different style of play.

Because he has progressed to be one of the better MCs in PL playing for relegated shitties with stats of 37 matches and 10 goals whole last season. This season is 17/3 at all which is not bad regarding he is in new team and learning different style of play.

and homesick ;)

We can do better than Craig Gardner.

Gary, however, is going to be a great player.

Put him in the middle next to a defensive midfielder and he'll be our Gerrard/ Scholes/ Fabregas for a good few years.

I'm really looking forward to him playing a few more games for us this season. He has great vision, and I can see him using this to thead some good passes through to Bent (which we've been missing this year, tbh).

Put him in the middle next to a defensive midfielder and he'll be our Gerrard/ Scholes/ Fabregas for a good few years.

I'm really looking forward to him playing a few more games for us this season. He has great vision, and I can see him using this to thead some good passes through to Bent (which we've been missing this year, tbh).

We can do better, I agree, but we lack depth and Craig would be a decent player to have come off the bench. He had 8 goals under McLeish. One of the few players to actually prosper with McLeish's tactics. I'd take him for the right price.

theres **** all point in signing players to be subs

you sign players to be first team players and replace the players you have already there

signing subs or squad players, unless theyre kids with potential, is an utterly, utterly pointless exercise

We can do better, I agree, but we lack depth and Craig would be a decent player to have come off the bench. He had 8 goals under McLeish. One of the few players to actually prosper with McLeish's tactics. I'd take him for the right price.

And with O'Neill being his manager, that price should be fairly low...

Â