Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

As much as I really like GG I'd start with Ireland next game if he is fit to keep his confidence up and he had been playing well. Let's face it our captain Petrov will not be dropped and I wouldn't want him to be either! More of Gary from the bench with another handful of starts between now and the end of the season!

He's gradually working his way into the first team proper now, great to see. According to my Sky Sports app he came off on the 88th minute and had a very good debut game for one so young!

He's just tweeted -

@Gards38: What can i say?? What a day for me making my full debut dream come true and a win!!! So so happy!!

Villa fans amaizing today! Keano #legend!

Played well today. Shame his freekick wasn't a few inches lower and he should have scored early on.

Was so close to scoring with that header in the opening minute of the game! :P Not sure what type of player he is though, would like to see him as a replacement for Petrov though.

Potentially, heading skills of Cahill, passing of Gerrard, goal threat of Lampard, work rate of Ian Taylor.

Lets hope he doesn't do what his brother did, although he looks twice the player, hopefully he can build on todays game and gets the opportunity to do so.

His brother did just fine today when he came off the bench for Sunderland. If Craig had of left and not come out as being a Birmingham fan (although I'm still not convinced on who he REALLY supports, us or them) then people would go on at how we've needed a goal scoring midfielder for ages, shouldn't have let him go, another Cahill etc

Craig Gardner is vastly underrated. I'd welcome him back at the Villa anytime.

Gary looks a class act too.

Was so close to scoring with that header in the opening minute of the game! :P Not sure what type of player he is though, would like to see him as a replacement for Petrov though.

Is he a Lampard type? He seems to get into a lot of scoring positions.

Â