Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

On 17/10/2016 at 20:32, dounavilla said:

What I would do for us to have a Petrov, Kevin Richardson, Barry or Milner.

I though Gardner was really poor in the games he was involved with so far but he at least has more energy than the Beard so I'd stick him in.

I suggested inviting Petrov back only yesterday but that was met with sheer disagreement by a few!      :lol:

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I suggested inviting Petrov back only yesterday but that was met with sheer disagreement by a few!      :lol:

With good reason. A Petrov of yesteryear would be fantastic. Petrov now is very different.

(Unless you mean as coach, in which case I've completely misread your post!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

With good reason. A Petrov of yesteryear would be fantastic. Petrov now is very different.

(Unless you mean as coach, in which case I've completely misread your post!)

In any capacity, I think it would do the squad wonders to have him around the place.

• Like 1

He played two decent passes, had one pretty tame shot and one which was traveling but immediately blocked after a corner. 

Other than that he was pretty invisible for long long periods of the game. I would love to see him do well and maybe with a run he might do. But I honestly don't think he will. 

If had to evaluate him today.

His passing is pretty good. 

His shooting is very good.

His basic technique is basic. 

He works hard without covering a lot of ground in the way some modern midfielders do. 

He cannot press to save his life. His idea of pressing is to run up to the player and not get beat as if you were playing five a side. If someone gets in his ear and has a go at him he runs up to the player too fast an fouls him. 

I wish Gary would teach him how to tackle. 

He put in a shift last night don't get me wrong but I'm surprised people are getting excited about that performance because other than two decent and let's face it pretty straight forward passes he was very anonymous. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villaglint said:

He cannot press to save his life. His idea of pressing is to run up to the player and not get beat as if you were playing five a side. If someone gets in his ear and has a go at him he runs up to the player too fast an fouls him. 

I wish Gary would teach him how to tackle.

This bit really confused me.

I thought he was OK. I'd praise the graft, but I've never been able to fault that from him. 

Funnily enough I think he has played better this season. Perhaps I'm thinking of the Forest game before being dropped for another of RDM's experiments. However based on the managers comments, which will have been a massive boost for him, he certainly did enough to keep his place. 

Â