Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

kinds words from brother Craig

“He’s a top player. He’s had some bad injuries but once he gets into his stride, and I mean this with no disrespect to Villa, he will play for one of the big clubs."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-craig-gardner-cant-7470454

I'm assuming by big clubs he mean SHA, Sunderland or West Brom

“He’s a top player. He’s had some bad injuries but once he gets into his stride, and I mean this with no disrespect to Villa, he will play for one of the big clubs."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-craig-gardner-cant-7470454

Shocking quote from a former player, even if he was always full of shit.

Shocking quote from a former player, even if he was always full of shit.

Would you expect anything else from a Bluenose?

After all the support we've given him I'd hope he'd show us some loyalty and give us his best years... his brother's just a bitter bluenose trying to stir things with comments like that.

Hardly. He's talking about his brother, and he's suggesting he can play for the biggest clubs in the world. In case you hadn't noticed, Aston Villa is not one of the biggest clubs anywhere apart from the midlands any more

I hope his brother is right and he really is that good. I've never seen anything to suggest it.

Ive never seen anything to suggest he will make an average prem player, never mind a player of that ilk. Found him quite awkward to watch tbh.

He had undoubted quality for his age but unfortunately injuries have hampered his progress. When he played in the next gen series he was the best midfielder in the compettion and I think joint top scorer. The big question is can that young talent develop into a good PL player I think it can as long as he has a whole season injury free. I don't think he's injury prone but has been unlucky hopefully the seriousness of those injuries haven't hindered his potential.

If he goes on to play for a top club it'll mean he's been brilliant for us so it's win win hopefully we can develop at the same time and we become that top club he will play at.

Nothing wrong with his big bro bigging him up, I like GG but I have never seen anything in him to suggest that he is all that.

I really hope CG is right though as this will mean we will have several season with a top class player and then (hopefully) get a decent fee when he goes.

Didn't he have a problem with his back which has finally been corrected once and for all? Some kind of cyst removal??

I'm sure I read this somewhere (yes probably twitter).

Anyway if true it will be interesting to see how he does if fit for long enough and with enough game time.

I watched the match see how I live in Texas at the moment and Gardner looked alright. He has good vision and was willing to take some shots from outside the 18 which was nice to see. He was playing more defensive in my opinion. Whenever he got the ball, he looked forward and ended up normally playing it outwide to Stevens or Hutton. I think he could be a decent player for us this season.

Â