Brad Guzan

R.Bear

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Only thing I couldn't understand today was the dogs abuse he was getting, as much as every outfield player was.

Yes I know he's poor and needs to leave but aside from that Wycombe incident I haven't seen any other examples of him disrespecting the club in interviews, he's been a good servant for this club. He's probably not even on that huge a contract either given keepers generally get paid less than strikers.

Piss takers like Gabby, Richards and Bacuna I can understand as they bring it on themselves with their conduct and actions but just booing Guzan for the crime of not being a very good keeper anymore is a bit of a shame I think.

I kind of agree, but while I don't think he 'disrespects' the club he doesn't seem to massively give a shit either. 

I can only think given he's been here so long (8 years) he's just been worn down by the decline like we all have and his performances now reflect this.

Still just let him go back home for a nominal fee or whatever, he can't have much left on his contract as he signed one during one of the Lambert seasons didn't he?

Genuinely don't understand the tough time he got today, all the jeers etc seemed way over the top. He's not acted out anything like some of the other turds we have playing for us, and certainly not in more recent times.

It's clear his confidence was broken by Sherwood's behaviour over his (notable) error last year and he's playing behind a team where gaining that confidence back is nigh on impossible.

Guy needs to catch a break (as well as a football from crosses [emoji57]).

It is a shame to hear him getting abused. I am one of those that can say hand on heart I have never booed any player but I can fully understand some players getting abuse. Guzan doesn't fall into that category though for me as I think despite some dire performances he genuinely has been trying his best.

I wouldn't be harsh on the supporters though who are doing it. We are hurting at the minute and consistent poor performances end up being thrown in the same pot as a lack of desire or off the field antics by some players and all end up getting abused equally.

In the cold light of day though I think most fans would acknowledge that despite having a terrible season Guzan has never lacked effort it has been down to a lack of confidence and ability.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I kind of agree, but while I don't think he 'disrespects' the club he doesn't seem to massively give a shit either. 

I think his sheer shitness and pathetic goals he has let in this season have disrespected the club greatly. He's clearly a nice guy, but to be honest, I'm not bothered if he gets boo'd or not.

To be honest, pretty much everyone in a Villa shirt deserves to be boo'd for 90 minutes after this season. 

12 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think his sheer shitness and pathetic goals he has let in this season have disrespected the club greatly. He's clearly a nice guy, but to be honest, I'm not bothered if he gets boo'd or not.

To be honest, pretty much everyone in a Villa shirt deserves to be boo'd for 90 minutes after this season. 

Yes. I'll exempt Lyden, but basically no-one else. 

It's nice that Guzan is nice. He's probably a great dad and a wonderful husband, and everyone will have lovely things to say about him at his eulogy. 

Unfortunately, he's a **** shit goalkeeper, probably at this stage one of the ten worst in Premier League history. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I don't understand how he can go from probably being in the top 5 goalkeepers in the league to easily in the bottom 3 in space of 3 years.

Just an average to put player who had one good spell.  It happens every so often. 

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I can only think given he's been here so long (8 years) he's just been worn down by the decline like we all have and his performances now reflect this.

Still just let him go back home for a nominal fee or whatever, he can't have much left on his contract as he signed one during one of the Lambert seasons didn't he?

I think we are one of the only clubs where players get consistently shitter after joining.

1 hour ago, MuleAthon said:

And be treated like dirt by the manager who hangs you out to dry.

How was he treated like dirt? His form had got worse and worse and was rightfully dropped, as any player in any position should be if form drops. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, poitier said:

To be fair, his good spell lasted about two and a half seasons.

First year under Lambert he was good. Wasn't anything special the second season and was getting worse and worse the following year and rightly dropped by sherwood. 

Â