Scientific Experiment V4#01-A. McLeish Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?

• No
    • Yes

So what has he done in the last 14 days that has been so impressive?

IMO he has done nothing either impressive nor unimpressive. In fact he's done so little nor has he had much to do anyway.

Therefore its a glass half full or half empty kind of question.

Now whilst 93% didn't want him, some of those fans are fair minded enough to realise he's here now and are judging him by his actions whilst in the job not whether they wanted him in the first place. Then it really is down to the individual as to whether they approve of him or not but those people who didn't want him before but now he's in the job think he's done nothing wrong and are saying they approve of him now because he's done no wrong are being fair to the bloke. There are those of course those who think he's been in the job 14 days and done sweet FA so he doesn't meet their approval.

The options are only yes and no. He can hardly impress while a competitive ball yet to be kicked. However he has spoken to the fans representation and been generally engaging. So while the options are black and white people probably err on the side of...hope?

I was totally mortified with the appointment and it lowered my expectations of this season tenfold, but the man deserves a chance.

Although I clicked "Yes", it is too early to say whether he has met my approval, but I am not expecting to click on the "Yes" option many times throughout the next season as we bring in a load of cloggers and judder from crap performance to crap performance.

It's pretty easy to have a default position of criticising the manager on a message board.

The vast majority of managers fail which is why there is a high turnover of managers and why so many up and coming young managers end up on the scrapheap.

I don't see the point in criticising the guy before a ball has been kicked. He'll have my support as long as he's Villa manager.

I think he's done well so far... but then it's a bit of a glass half full, half empty question as Bicks says because the players haven't even

been introduced to him properly as yet!

As a slight side issue involving AM...

Interesting to hear one of the Scottish journo's off talksport tonight saying that AM had alluded to "things not being right behind the scenes"

at SHA for the past 12 months off the record as his main reason for quitting the club a few weeks ago........ Will be interesting to see what comes out in the wash if indeed CY is found guilty.

I voted No , Didn't want him and as he's done bugger all ( due to holidays and what not) since he's been here so no option but to keep the same No vote

Ummm...

This is the first vote on McLeish so I'm not sure what vote you are "keeping".

:confused:

my No vote as in I didn't want him ...

He wasn't appointed on a vote, though.

yes he was ..Randy voted for him and he got the job

There is still time to bring in a better manager.. Pre-season hasnt even started yet...

nothing to do with thread and about as realistic as us signing Messi.

The thread is asking if he meets our approval 14 days on.. Im saying no we can still bring in a replacement..How is that not on topic?

Would you rather we search for a replacement in September when the window is shut?

14 days on...still hope and time in my books. A summer and pre season still becons...Its pretty obvious this appointment cant keep hold of our best players!

Why would we start searching for a replacement when he has been in charge for 2 weeks, what planet are you on?

**** knows?!?! But its far far away from reality!

Well for a start he wasn't a complete PR distater in his first press conference and showed respect for the club and the fans, unlike the previous one.

Too little and basic, obviously, but these days you've got to be happy with little, otherwise you'd have to turn into a non-stop moaning machine, which doesn't help anything and anyone.

I didn't want him, but the sensible thing is to give him a chance. It's not his fault he's been put in a position, that no manager should ever be in.

He hasnt done anything.

All thats happened in last 14 days is us selling Ash.

So why on earth would that warrant approval??

As it stands his poor managerial record in the Prem still stands and weve done nothing transfer wise yet apart from weaken the squad further.

Whats to approve of?

All he's done in the last 14 days is speak to the media, sell Ash and probably a lot of things in the background like assessing the squad with videos/ scouting players/ preparation for the season.

As the sale of Ash was unavoidable, in most people's opinions, all I can really rate him on is his words in the media. Which I'm quite happy with.

What has he done WRONG in the last 14 days?

Hes done nothing past 14 days to change my opinion on him.

All thats happened has been us selling Ash.

Im all for giving McLeish a chance etc but do i approve of anything hes done so far?

He hasn't done anything .

He hadsn't made any massive gafffs in press conferences so far ? Woppee **** doo .

He hadsn't made any massive gafffs in press conferences so far ? Woppee **** doo .

Well at least that puts him a step ahead of the recently departed Monsieur Clown, who raised hackles amongst the fans with his pronouncements from day 1 ("In my view Villa have been"...etc.)

If ever there was a poll with a leading question with the intention of getting a majority positive verdict, this is it.

This has been done every month for over 6 months, it's nothing new?

Exactly the only realistic way of getting trend data over time is to ask the same question, which is what Gringo has done.

As he hasn't done anything, he can't have done anything wrong, so an early yes from me. The next month is vital though with his transfer dealings.

Personally i'd like to see a repeat of this poll after 6 games or so. I guess we'll probably see a repeat after every game though.

I'll say this again, one more time. WE. DO. THIS. EVERY. MONTH. AT. THE. START. OF. THE. MONTH. not at random times during the season, no guessing when its going to be, we've done this for the previous two managers, it has been done for over two seasons now. No McLeish Picks Player X and we lost lets have a poll, its done at the start of the month, every month (every month we have a manager and Gringo remembers that is ;-) ) OK.

So, have you taken on board my idea of making this a regular thing then ? :)

If ever there was a poll with a leading question with the intention of getting a majority positive verdict, this is it.

If there was ever a poster who would start weeping once they realised their spoilt brat attitude wasn't adopted by the majority of fans on this board then you are it.

If there was ever a poster who would start weeping once they realised their spoilt brat attitude wasn't adopted by the majority of fans on this board then you are it.

Popcorn time! :eek:

If you're saying the question is likely to lead to a positive result, how do you explain the fact that Houllier got mostly negative results during his spell at the club?

Clearly the question doesn't automatically lead to a positive response.

As he hasn't done anything, he can't have done anything wrong, so an early yes from me. The next month is vital though with his transfer dealings.

Personally i'd like to see a repeat of this poll after 6 games or so. I guess we'll probably see a repeat after every game though.

I'll say this again, one more time. WE. DO. THIS. EVERY. MONTH. AT. THE. START. OF. THE. MONTH. not at random times during the season, no guessing when its going to be, we've done this for the previous two managers, it has been done for over two seasons now. No McLeish Picks Player X and we lost lets have a poll, its done at the start of the month, every month (every month we have a manager and Gringo remembers that is ;-) ) OK.

So, have you taken on board my idea of making this a regular thing then ? :)

Yes clearly I typed that response with the aid of a time machine

Â