Scientific Experiment V4#01-A. McLeish Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?

• No
    • Yes

how do you explain the fact that Houllier got mostly negative results during his spell at the club?

Because he is shite???

He actually scored the highest approval rating since time began (or since the polls started) - and also the three lowest ratings.

DelboyVilla wrote:

Quote:

how do you explain the fact that Houllier got mostly negative results during his spell at the club?

Because he is shite???

He actually scored the highest approval rating since time began (or since the polls started) - and also the three lowest ratings.

Marmite manager, I was a hater BTW??? :D

But he has now been overtaken by McLeish :D !!

How can you judge a manager that has done diddly!! He hasn't even managed to get any back room staff yet???

Because he is shite???

Which supports my point that the ratings reflect people's actual perception of how the manager has done over the past 4 weeks (or whatever number of weeks the question covers :) ) rather than any inbuilt bias in the question.

Mind you, it also shows that people swung wildly pro and anti Houllier, particularly around the turn of the year. How cruelly many were deceived by those few good results in January... :(

If ever there was a poll with a leading question with the intention of getting a majority positive verdict, this is it.

If there was ever a poster who would start weeping once they realised their spoilt brat attitude wasn't adopted by the majority of fans on this board then you are it.

Popcorn time! :eek:

tCp90.gif

DelboyVilla wrote:

Quote:

Because he is shite???

Marmite manager, I was a hater BTW??? :D

But he has now been overtaken by McLeish :D !!

How can you judge a manager that has done diddly!! He hasn't even managed to get any back room staff yet???

Nor a keeper or RB or LB or CH, AY's replacement, I guess he can do nothing about the Bluenose stench that will always be a part if him.

I'm not have a dig at anyone but how can his performance over the past few weeks caused his approval ratings to increase?

Nothing apart from AY leaving, the Bindippers having a bid rejected and press links to several players has happened, I doubt if he has had much to do with any of this.

Because he is shite???

Which supports my point that the ratings reflect people's actual perception of how the manager has done over the past 4 weeks (or whatever number of weeks the question covers :) ) rather than any inbuilt bias in the question.

Mind you, it also shows that people swung wildly pro and anti Houllier, particularly around the turn of the year. How cruelly many were deceived by those few good results in January... :(

Actually overall, had fairly good results from January onwards.

Actually overall, had fairly good results from January onwards.

Presumably your use of the word "overall" is key because the next two months after January gave us LDDWLLL. Not the greatest set I've ever seen. Picked up in April & May, I'll grant.

Nope, I didn't touch the poll. I wasn't gonna unfairly vote no (he hasn't done anything wrong personally), but I wasn't gonna say yes either because his press conference was just words, meaningless.

But now he's done something wrong and he has pretty much lied, so he gets a massive no from me.

not his fault if Downing wants out and i believe as Mcleish said to Ireland if you dont want to play for the club then leave.

McLeish is in the right here. Would rather a player with less ability but will die for the shirt than a guy that doesnt want to be here

Look Zatman, Downing has hinted he wanted out before even McLeish came in. Why then would McLeish come out saying he isn't for sale and then sells him later on WITHOUT any new players bought. How on earth is he in the right? The club had the power to keep him.

why keep a player thats not happy which brings morale down through rest of team.

Plus managers say that all the time Fergie said it with Ronaldo and at moment Spurs and Arsenal are saying it about Modric and Fabregas and nasri

Nope, I didn't touch the poll. I wasn't gonna unfairly vote no (he hasn't done anything wrong personally), but I wasn't gonna say yes either because his press conference was just words, meaningless.

But now he's done something wrong and he has pretty much lied, so he gets a massive no from me.

You really believe it was his decision to sell Downing?

So this ultra defensive manager's first actions are to sell our two best creative players.

Watch out for those long balls Benty. Until you are sold, obviously.

Because clearly it was his decision to sell Ashley Young and it was not something that we have all known was going to happen for the past year.

Â