Scientific Experiment V4#01-A. McLeish Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?

• No
    • Yes

For those who voted yes what has he done in the last 2 weeks that is so impressive?

Nothing that he's done has been that impressive, although he's done a pretty good of handling the media.

However, the majority of here seem to accept that a manager should start from a default position of support and a clean slate.

I voted No , Didn't want him and as he's done bugger all ( due to holidays and what not) since he's been here so no option but to keep the same No vote

Ummm...

This is the first vote on McLeish so I'm not sure what vote you are "keeping".

:confused:

I voted No , Didn't want him and as he's done bugger all ( due to holidays and what not) since he's been here so no option but to keep the same No vote

Ummm...

my No vote as in I didn't want him ...

Ummm...

my No vote as in I didn't want him ...

He wasn't appointed on a vote, though.

For those who voted yes what has he done in the last 2 weeks that is so impressive?

Nothing that he's done has been that impressive, although he's done a pretty good of handling the media.

However, the majority of here seem to accept that a manager should start from a default position of support and a clean slate.

The question asks.. Does McLeish meet "your approval as manager" and the last 14 days, is in brackets..

Who are these fans that are saying McLeish meets their approaval as manager? When we have the likes of Ancelotti, Van Gaal, Flores all available.. Are you seriously saying he meets "your approval"???

A big fat NO will get more done for the future of this club rather than being a yes man..

Its the yes men that make the no fans look a minority..

Ever heard of standing up for what you believe in? Instead of being a sheep all your life.. No wonder they call us fickle..

When we were interviewing him, just about every Villa fan was against it..Yet a sudden change of mind? Whats bought it on?

When we were interviewing him, just about every Villa fan was against it..Yet a sudden change of mind? Whats bought it on?

It suggests that you are wrong to say that just about every Villa fan was against him. A few people made a lot of noise in a rush to judgement and flooded message boards like this. I think most Villa fans are more fair-minded than that and will judge him on how he performs with Villa.

The question asks.. Does McLeish meet "your approval as manager" and the last 14 days, is in brackets..

Who are these fans that are saying McLeish meets their approaval as manager? When we have the likes of Ancelotti, Van Gaal, Flores all available.. Are you seriously saying he meets "your approval"???

A big fat NO will get more done for the future of this club rather than being a yes man..

Ever heard of standing up for what you believe in? Instead of being a sheep all your life.. No wonder they call us fickle..

You clearly dont understand the concept of this topic

the realisation that unfortunately he is now our manager and therefore deserves a shot like any other. I personally don't see the benefit from moaning and moaning and moaning and being miserable the whole time on here, especially when i can't change anything. Saying no NOW won't change anything, if anything it'll harm us. If in 10 games, we're 16th and playing shit football, then it's the time for our voices to be heard.

I want Villa to do well, I want McLeish to do well, clean slate as soon as he was appointed and time to see what he can do. Decision has been made, we can't change that.

although all of this isn't really on the topic.

He hasnt done anything.

All thats happened in last 14 days is us selling Ash.

So why on earth would that warrant approval??

As it stands his poor managerial record in the Prem still stands and weve done nothing transfer wise yet apart from weaken the squad further.

Whats to approve of?

for those who voted no, what has he done in the last 2 weeks that is so unimpressive?

Not enough to turn round the opinion I had on him previously so hence the fact that he does not meet with my approval as manager and actually at the time he was being appointed on one poll I saw 93% did not actually want him as manager I am a bit perplexed as to what he has done in the last two weeks to go from 93% against to 60%+ in favour. Hence my question.

for those who voted no, what has he done in the last 2 weeks that is so unimpressive?

Not enough to turn round the opinion I had on him previously so hence the fact that he does not meet with my approval as manager and actually at the time he was being appointed on one poll I saw 93% did not actually want him as manager I am a bit perplexed as to what he has done in the last two weeks to go from 93% against to 60%+ in favour. Hence my question.

I didn't want him here but he was appointed, therefore to me, he starts at 50/50 and in the last 14 days, little has happened apart from saying the right things. I'm only judging on what has happened in the past 14 days and leaving any other thoughts out the window. Just like when fixtures come around and these monthly polls come out, I base my vote around that month and nothing else. I'm judging on the actions of the past 14 days, not what I think about as him as a manager.

There is still time to bring in a better manager.. Pre-season hasnt even started yet...

nothing to do with thread and about as realistic as us signing Messi.

The thread is asking if he meets our approval 14 days on.. Im saying no we can still bring in a replacement..How is that not on topic?

Would you rather we search for a replacement in September when the window is shut?

14 days on...still hope and time in my books. A summer and pre season still becons...Its pretty obvious this appointment cant keep hold of our best players!

There is still time to bring in a better manager.. Pre-season hasnt even started yet...

nothing to do with thread and about as realistic as us signing Messi.

The thread is asking if he meets our approval 14 days on.. Im saying no we can still bring in a replacement..How is that not on topic?

Would you rather we search for a replacement in September when the window is shut?

14 days on...still hope and time in my books. A summer and pre season still becons...Its pretty obvious this appointment cant keep hold of our best players!

Why would we start searching for a replacement when he has been in charge for 2 weeks, what planet are you on?

Â