Scientific Experiment V4#01-A. McLeish Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?

• No
    • Yes

pretty much the same Blandy - it's all a little too early to say for me.

He's here, like it or not but he hasn't let himself down in the way he's conducted himself.

This month, with signings and pre season fixtures will give us more signs of what's potentially to come.

Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager?

Forget the last 14 days...The appointment is still shocking!

He is a relegation manager and we should have and expected a better manager.

Do I approve??

NO...NO...NO..NO..

It will always be NO!

seems a nice guy and says the right stuff about the club..A 12 year Villa fan could do that...Dosnt mean I approve of him being a manager though.

A 12 year Villa fan could spot Given and pay over the odds.

A 12 year Villa fan could spot N'Zogbia and pay over the odds.

A 12 year Villa fan could spot Parker and pay over the odds.

Whats he done to prove he is a good manager?

The new Chelsea manager has apointed an assistant, a fitness trainer, a scout etc.. Who's McLeish appointed?

The only thing he's got to do so far is talking, but that he's done well, so I can't do anything but vote yes. But it doesn't really mean anything in the long run. I guess too many think that voting yes would mean that others will think you approve the appointment. It's nothing like that. Having said that, I've gotten used to the appointment now and I'm looking forward to the season.

Average manager with a history of getting clubs relegated. He is an improvement on GH - who I don't believe had a clue what he was doing. But Aston Villa should be recruiting a higher calibre manager than this.

Average manager with a history of getting clubs relegated. He is an improvement on GH - who I don't believe had a clue what he was doing. But Aston Villa should be recruiting a higher calibre manager than this.

What's this got to do with the thread and the last 14 days?

What's this got to do with the thread and the last 14 days?

Because 14 days ago I didn't approve. He hasn't done anything to change my mind. Had he signed milner nzogbia and a keeper I may have changed my mind. I knows its early day and he may well make such signings in time. But the 14 days since he has took over - I am not more enthused.

Do I approve??

NO...NO...NO..NO..

It will always be NO!

Always ? I mean really always ? What if we get in the Champions League ? Would you still not approve ?

Seems a little short sighted to me.

No he doesn't it's a silly come back to a silly post. Steaknchips seems destined for the sirgarycahill / smalljob reputation of spouting nonsense. Most don't bite, but when they do it's with silly wish destinations like the chumps league qualification or silly comparisons with sacking ferguson after five years without winning the title

I didn't approve of the appointment, I still don't, but I voted "Yes".

I said I'd wipe the slate clean for McLeish and judge him for his tenure here and nothing else. And so far he has done nothing wrong. He hasn't really done anything right either as he hasn't had much time to do anything whatsoever.

But he's said the right things. Obviously the following 2 or 3 polls will be much more indicative of his progress in the job.

No he doesn't it's a silly come back to a silly post. Steaknchips seems destined for the sirgarycahill / smalljob reputation of spouting nonsense. Most don't bite, but when they do it's with silly wish destinations like the chumps league qualification or silly comparisons with sacking ferguson after five years without winning the title

Your not seriously comparing a manager that was the best thing to ever happen to Aberdean FC? A manager that could beat Celtic/Rangers etc and make Aberdean the best club in Scotland...To a man that took Rangers into 3rd place behind Hearts in recent times? Then took Biringham down twice in 3 years..Not to mention his Scotland side that lost 2-0 to Georgia..

I will very HAPPILY eat humble pie if he gets anywhere near a CL place, let alone get us into the top 4.

He isnt good enough!

It's not a silly wish at all, it's not even a wish. The original 5 year plan was to get Champions League football, I'm not suggesting we will get that. I was trying to qualify if steaknchips really would not approve of the manager in those circumstances, as he had stated that he never would.

As he hasn't done anything, he can't have done anything wrong, so an early yes from me. The next month is vital though with his transfer dealings.

Personally i'd like to see a repeat of this poll after 6 games or so. I guess we'll probably see a repeat after every game though.

Your not seriously comparing a manager that was the best thing to ever happen to Aberdean FC? A manager that could beat Celtic/Rangers etc and make Aberdean the best club in Scotland...To a man that took Rangers into 3rd place behind Hearts in recent times? Then took Biringham down twice in 3 years..Not to mention his Scotland side that lost 2-0 to Georgia..

Maybe you missed the phrase "silly comparisons". I was simply pointing out that nonsense shouty posts encourage silly repsonses .

Â