Scientific Experiment V4#01-A. McLeish Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?

• No
    • Yes

Well at the moment its a 63% starting point, I'm going to predict that rises steadily over the coming weeks as we spend a bit of cash, sign a player or two and people get excited about the coming season. Might even continue to rise at the start of the season with the fixtures we have, then I suspect there will be a rather a sharp fall when people see the football we are playing.

I voted yes, there isn't really much of an option to that question.

He has said all the right things, made the right noises, held a shirt in the air and talked about how he will be the boss. bla bla bla

All rather meaningless but all the things you would expect. So in that sense he has met my expectations so I voted yes.

That is a very very long way from saying I'm pleased with his appointment or that he has done anything to change my view on him. I still think him a poor appointment.

McLeish can't believe his luck i bet . Of course hed say the right things - I mean how lucky can you get? - be an absolutely rubbish manager get relegated again - then get given a good job in a league youve already been proven rubbish in.

Is that meeting your expectations?

Bloody hell

He is still the son of satan to me! But hey, even satan has his supporters! Will have to see how we are set up when the season starts for me to cast any votes! But seems to be doing everything right so far. Although in reality what has he really done yet!!!!!!!!!

He'll have to be seriously crap to do worse than GH though

Well expectations are now so low that McLeish will be considered by some as a decent appointment if he keeps us up .

and if keeps us midtable (10th-12th) will be deemed by some as a great appointment.....

such a terrible appointment and a dumbing down /regressional one it baffles belief.

It shouldn't but I don't see other people shouting the same opinion a couple of times a day. I don't know if other people read a few pages back but I heard you the first couple of times.
It happens all the time. Repetition is the mainstay of the main VT forum. Even your accusations of repetion are repetitive.

Yes that's more than enough time when it's a priority.

And you know this how ?

Do you know who the targets are ? Where they have been the last two weeks ?

Do you know for certain who we want, if their club will sell, and if so for a fee we're prepared to pay ?

How do I know it's a priority? We have no keeper, you don't need to be a football manager to see that.

You know full well that i was asking how you know that 2 weeks is enough time to sign the keeper we want.

F'eck is the worst appointment Villa have ever made IMO.
I'll lay down a Billy McNeil and a Dr Jo Venglos to say you're wrong on that one.

Ah I'm not so sure, hindsights a wonderful thing briny but I don't blame Billy McNeil as Turner had done the damage imo and Dr Jo well as I said hindsight but at the time I thought it was a bold attempt by Ellis.

Honestly even after a couple of weeks I still can't believe he is our manager I just pray that he does prove to be better than Billy Mac and Dr Jo.

I voted yes, simply because he's said all the right things and seems genuinely pleased to be the Villa Manager. I could well say NO next month if he brings in crap players in the transfer market though.

Like chappy said "Not happy with his appointment, but I voted yes because I think he has handled himself very well since accepting the job". He's done done nothing to earn him any disapproval. He's spoken well, fronted up and seems immediately keener to do a good job than did Houllier.

There are other people at the club who have done rather less well, but that wasn't the question.

Â