Scientific Experiment V4#01-A. McLeish Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?

• No
    • Yes

Yes.

I was pretty pleased to see him come in given the other "candidates" being mentioned. Absoljutely nothing has happened yet since he arrived, so basically zero to judge him on other than a few soundbites and press conferences. He's done that side of things rather well.

Personally i'd like to see a repeat of this poll after 6 games or so. I guess we'll probably see a repeat after every game though.

The first in a new series of Monthly Polls on the Manager. Poll open until end of July.

These have been done for some time dukes. Quite useful gauges actually.

As he hasn't done anything, he can't have done anything wrong, so an early yes from me. The next month is vital though with his transfer dealings.

Personally i'd like to see a repeat of this poll after 6 games or so. I guess we'll probably see a repeat after every game though.

I'll say this again, one more time. WE. DO. THIS. EVERY. MONTH. AT. THE. START. OF. THE. MONTH. not at random times during the season, no guessing when its going to be, we've done this for the previous two managers, it has been done for over two seasons now. No McLeish Picks Player X and we lost lets have a poll, its done at the start of the month, every month (every month we have a manager and Gringo remembers that is ;-) ) OK.

Gringo, it would be interesting to see a graph all of the polls done during the MON era, and also during the Houiller reign. just to see the ups & downs during a managerial reign.

is it possible?

or even just the figures in a list would be good.

Thats an interesting result so far. Fully expected it to be the other way round

Me too.

Perhaps the noisy minority received "too much" coverage/oxygen of publicity.?

Perhaps many didn't want Eck, but now he's here are prepared to give him a chance?

Perhap some have been "won over" by some decent (compared to Hou) press conferences and soundbites?

Absoljutely nothing has happened yet since he arrived, so basically zero to judge him on other than a few soundbites and press conferences.

Here's the thing for me, the poll question is really clear "Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?"

Given the fact that he did not meet with my approval prior to that point and then agreeing Jon with your comment above that nothing has happened since his arrival (and hence nothing to change my opinion) I guess my answer is still No he does not meet with my approval

Absoljutely nothing has happened yet since he arrived, so basically zero to judge him on other than a few soundbites and press conferences.

Here's the thing for me, the poll question is really clear "Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?"

Given the fact that he did not meet with my approval prior to that point and then agreeing Jon with your comment above that nothing has happened since his arrival (and hence nothing to change my opinion) I guess my answer is still No he does not meet with my approval

I think there's a difference between his actions as manager meeting with your approval, and his appointment as manager meeting with your approval.

I took it to mean the former, hence I voted yes.

Gringo, it would be interesting to see a graph all of the polls done during the MON era, and also during the Houiller reign. just to see the ups & downs during a managerial reign.

is it possible?

or even just the figures in a list would be good.

DOL

image002f.gif

MON

image002vq.gif

GH (apolgies for the axis, excel being ghey with it's graphing and it's ghey american dates)

image002gr.gif

He hasn't put a foot wrong so far.

62 - 37% in favour isn't bad, I suppose, considering we are reliably informed he is the son of satan.

It would suggest that 62 % of villa talk are barking mad :winkold:

I voted No , Didn't want him and as he's done bugger all ( due to holidays and what not) since he's been here so no option but to keep the same No vote

Next month assuming he's sold Dunne & Ireland he may even get a yes from me

He hasn't put a foot wrong so far.

62 - 37% in favour isn't bad, I suppose, considering we are reliably informed he is the son of satan.

It would suggest that 62 % of villa talk are barking mad :winkold:

I voted No , Didn't want him and as he's done bugger all ( due to holidays and what not) since he's been here so no option but to keep the same No vote

Agreed.

Asbolutely ludicrous how anyone could have voted yes.

No

He's done little, and there's little he could have done. Meeting the fans is a good start, but it hasn't banked anything like enough goodwill to get 'approval'

I said no,

I never wanted him in the first place and he has done nothing so far apart from say everybody will be given a chance. I took that comment as meaning the likes of Beye, Warnock and Ireland will be in the first team so he has done bugger all to endear me to him so far.

I doubt he will do anyrhing to inspire me in the transfer market although I will not blame that on him as I dont think we have a pot to piss in at the moment.

Probably wont be changing my mind until after the first 5 or 6 games.

For those who voted yes what has he done in the last 2 weeks that is so impressive?

he hasnt signed Barry Ferguson :lol:

yet..............................

Â