Scientific Experiment V4#01-A. McLeish Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?

• No
    • Yes

Like others have said, he hasn't really done anything yet, yes he's said the right things, the stuff we want to hear, as opposed to Houllier, but I still would have preferred Houllier to stay on. Better the devil you know in my opinion, well, more to do with I was excited at the transfer window under Houllier. I realise that with his health problems however, it wasn't really an option so I can appreciate that to an extent.

I know it sounds daft and I have nothing against Mcleish personally, he seems like a nice chap, but this just feels wrong. I really felt let down by the board. Not only due to the fact that in my eyes Mcleish isn't good enough for us, but it's one of two scenarios for me and neither of them show the board in a positive light.

Scenario A. We were running a bit thin on targets, people were saying no, Mcleish became available so we got him in quickly. This to me begs the question why everyone was saying no and just who were we approaching and what was our search criteria? I would like to think we could have gotten in someone with a better record than Mcleish (2 relegations?).

Scenario B. We had our targets and Mcleish was high up on the list and we tapped him up, he came to us. This scenario would prove the board have lied to us, and they really did go behind the Blues' backs and illegally approach Mcleish.

Obviously I don't know what really happened and I never will and there are probably other scenarios I'm not thinking of, but either way I think the board haven't come out of this looking particularly good and in my own opinion, I am deeply let down and disappointed and I have never felt this way about an appointment for as long as I have been a fan.

I'm going to give him the support because I support the club and I hope he proves me wrong and if he does I will be the first to man up and admit my judgements were ill-placed, but I just can't shake the feeling that this is a big mistake.

All we can do is support Villa and see how it plays out I guess.

Clean slate from me and he's not upset me with anything he has said. In fact he's actually surprised me. He's been positive but things could soon change if he blows shit loads on the dann Jerome combo! If his first signings are positive and who I would like to see his stock rises further.

F'eck is the worst appointment Villa have ever made IMO. However I don't blame him just the board.

There was nothing he could do about Young so no blame attached to him for that sale and so far Downing is still here so I guess that might be a positive also. He also hasn't sold CC for peanuts so you could say he's doing okay however with no signings in yet I can't say yes.

I will give F'eck a clean slate though and I would really be happy if he were a success at Villa but all my "spider senses" are tingling that his type of football is going to empty VP.

Nope, I don't approve of him being here.

That's not the question though. The question is have his actions in the last 14 days met with your approval ?

I'd question anyone who honestly felt able to answer no to that.

Nope, I don't approve of him being here.

That's not the question though. The question is have his actions in the last 14 days met with your approval ?

I'd question anyone who honestly felt able to answer no to that.

Still no, he hasn't said anything other than meaningless words the fans want to hear.

I voted no simply because we needed a keeper before he came and he would have known that and we still don't have one in place and he's had more than enough time to get one.

It looks like we're no nearer to getting one either.

I voted no simply because we needed a keeper before he came and he would have known that and we still don't have one in place and he's had more than enough time to get one.

It looks like we're no nearer to getting one either.

Two Weeks when the players are on holiday and you think he had enough time to bring someone in ?

Tough crowd !

Yes that's more than enough time when it's a priority.

And you know this how ?

Do you know who the targets are ? Where they have been the last two weeks ?

Do you know for certain who we want, if their club will sell, and if so for a fee we're prepared to pay ?

Yes that's more than enough time when it's a priority.

And you know this how ?

Do you know who the targets are ? Where they have been the last two weeks ?

Do you know for certain who we want, if their club will sell, and if so for a fee we're prepared to pay ?

How do I know it's a priority? We have no keeper, you don't need to be a football manager to see that.

I voted yes, there isn't really much of an option to that question.

He has said all the right things, made the right noises, held a shirt in the air and talked about how he will be the boss. bla bla bla

All rather meaningless but all the things you would expect. So in that sense he has met my expectations so I voted yes.

That is a very very long way from saying I'm pleased with his appointment or that he has done anything to change my view on him. I still think him a poor appointment.

The fact that he is here doesn't meet with my approval but the fact that he hasn't majorly f*cked up in the past two weeks does. So Yes and No at the moment. There needs to be a bit more time before a poll like this is meaningful in any way.

The fact that he is here doesn't meet with my approval but the fact that he hasn't majorly f*cked up in the past two weeks does. So Yes and No at the moment. There needs to be a bit more time before a poll like this is meaningful in any way.

Actually we need a sort of starting figure to make the subsequent polls a bit more meaningful. Whilst, yes I agree not much has happened in the first 14 days or so, it does give us an opportunity to have a starting point to see if approval is rising or falling in later polls.

Actually we need a sort of starting figure to make the subsequent polls a bit more meaningful. Whilst, yes I agree not much has happened in the first 14 days or so, it does give us an opportunity to have a starting point to see if approval is rising or falling in later polls.

Very True. Put me down as a no then until he does something to earn an upgrade.

Â