Scientific Experiment V4#01-A. McLeish Approval Ratings

Gringo

Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Does Alex McLeish meet with your approval as manager (these past 14 days)?

• No
    • Yes

The first in a new series of Monthly Polls on the Manager. Poll open until end of July.

Results since last poll: Well none really. So what are we voting on? Just a bit of a baseline I guess, more than a real assessment - seeing as the (pre-)season really starts now.

The past 14 days, I would say yes, most certainly.

He's done everything right so far. He's been positive, he's not ducked away from any issues, he's done press conferences and the like to address fan's issues, he's pursued targets and said that he wants to keep the best players, etc.. So far, I couldn't have expected a great deal more from him (although an actually signing *cough* Scott Dann *cough* would have been nice).

Saying that though, talk is cheap. I approve of what he's done so far, and admire the way he's gone about things.. but I still don't think he's the right man for the job. Once we start being active in the transfer market, and once we start actually playing, I'm hoping my vote won't change, but I suspect it will.. I'm hoping he'll prove me, and many many others, wrong though.

Not sure what else he could have done in the last 14 days, so i answered yes, I expected Young to leave, he has, so AM met my expectations. It's a bit early for such a poll htough isn't it ?

Might be better to do this at the end of the transfer window.

Not sure what else he could have done in the last 14 days, so i answered yes, I expected Young to leave, he has, so AM met my expectations. It's a bit early for such a poll htough isn't it ?

We do them every month, on the first of the month... if Gringo remembers ;-)

We do them every month, on the first of the month... if Gringo remembers ;-)

I must look out for next months.

He hasn't put a foot wrong so far.

62 - 37% in favour isn't bad, I suppose, considering we are reliably informed he is the son of satan.

hardly was ever called by anyone son of satan etc

just at best a very very very average manager who's more suited to the championship and if we hadnt given him a job here - he would have spent as much time managing in championship than Premiership.

"PREMIERSHIP EXPERIENCE" my arse.

Terrible appointment . That has not changed.

Altho hope he proves me wrong.

I didn't want him here, I think it was a pretty shocking appointment.

Once manager though, it is a clean slate at 50/50 like/dislike, there's little to judge on but words, from what I've heard, it's been all positive so it's about 51/49 (how much words mean!) ...so yes :)

He's had a much better start than Houllier. I got the impression Houllier thought we were lucky to have him whereas it's the opposite with McLeish.

He's had a much better start than Houllier. I got the impression Houllier thought we were lucky to have him whereas it's the opposite with McLeish.

jesus christ ...

of course McLeish is happy to be here ! I bet he cannot believe his luck-hes just relegated a side AGAIN - a championship manager - with less good PREMIERSHIP EXPERIENCE than Chris Coleman or Tony Pulis- of course he is happy to be here!

Â