Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 & Battlefield 3

carlitobrigante

Oh man, just tried out the Beta.

Our team got our arses handed to us by a squad of level 25+.

How on gods green earth is that shit possible, this was on the PS3 so they could have only had it a couple days, and they have got to level 25 just playing the one rush map ?

irst impression is I like the game but the hit detection is too subtle

Rino - Dont forget its a BETA on a map without much need to destruction, no vehicles and its not conquest.

They released this map because it will suit COD players a bit easier. EA really want to take the crown from COD (I dont think they will, although I prefer BF).

Conquest maps with areas of urban landscape will be where this game blows peoples minds.

But for some reason they decided to put Metro out, so I do see your point.

I love just watching people come straight from COD to BF3. They run straight out into the open thinking they can gun the whole team. Was pulling 40+kills yesterday. Playing Battlefield always reminds me of the hundreds of hours spent playing Battlefield 2 on PC. Can't wait for this now.

Rush is where one team defends 2 'bases' and the other team attacks them. Basically that means setting a 'charge' at either point A or B for the attacking team, and the defending team have to stop them doing that. If both sites A and B are destroyed, then the defending team will 'retreat' to the next A and B bases on the map, and so on until all bases are destroyed. If the defending team can reduce the attacking teams tickets to zero before they can destroy both bases, they win. If attacking team destroy bases A and B, their tickets are reset for the attack on the next bases. If they destroy all bases, they win. This was the best/main mode in BFBC

Conquest is the more traditional mode for BF though, as mentioned above. In that both teams will start off with one base, but rather than it be something you can detonate its basically a flag. There will be other neutral flags dotted around the map - so these maps have to be big. The teams will fight over the neutral flags and 'win' them for their team. When a team holds more than half the flags on the map the other teams tickets start to fall. Kills also deplete your opposition teams tickets, whereas revives get them back. First team to loose all tickets loses.

There is also Onslaught, which is basically a 4-man squad co-op game against bots. This was in BFBC2 and was pretty fun on hardcore, don't know if they're putting that on BF3 though

Surprised at how poor the spawns are given the size of the map. That and the amount of camping. Apparently those are 2 of the reasons it's better than CoD as well. Graphically it's pretty poor, people getting far too excited about the pc pics/vids.

Not a bad game, but really needs to improve massively to be as good as something like Black Ops.

Graphically it's pretty poor, people getting far too excited about the pc pics/vids.

Not a bad game, but really needs to improve massively to be as good as something like Black Ops.

:crylaugh:

Quote me back when BF3 surpasses Black Ops in sales or when you can respect anothers opinion. I won't be holding my breath on either, mind. :thumb:

Surprised at how poor the spawns are given the size of the map

Yeh I've found this pretty annoying when defending. Not getting too bummd about it though, as I'm certain the other maps will have plenty more to offer, although since last writing in this thread I have got a bit more used to Metro.

Surprised at how poor the spawns are given the size of the map. That and the amount of camping. Apparently those are 2 of the reasons it's better than CoD as well. Graphically it's pretty poor, people getting far too excited about the pc pics/vids.

I gotta say, I totally agree.

Was really lookin forward to this and ive even pre ordered, but after playing the beta im very underwhelmed. Graphics are very ropey, a bit like a poor mans Crysis 2. The map is shite. The spawns are totally random. Hit detection is a joke. I tell you what it reminds me of...Medal of Honors multiplayer. And thats no good thing.

I found a load if buggy areas too. Places where I was sinking into the ground and under the map. I know is only a Beta but im not impressed to be honest. Ill be playing alot more Gears 3 online than this I reakon

Graphically it's pretty poor, people getting far too excited about the pc pics/vids.

:crylaugh:

Quote me back when BF3 surpasses Black Ops in sales

Oh nice, an appeal to popularity. Do you think X Factor is amongst the best TV shows ever made, as well?

Â