Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 & Battlefield 3

carlitobrigante

I think some might have forgotten that this is actually a BETA, it's an early version of the game, the finished product will be much more polished.

I've only played briefly, but was impressed with what I played, definite day one purchase. It looks and sounds good, must look pretty special on pc. Hit detection in the games I played was spot on aswell, so roll on release day.

Yeah i think it's brilliant.

I'm not a big fan of Rush, so really looking forward to playing conquest!

I think the graphics look great for a console. There isnt really anything better out there... this is the limit for the 360 now.

I think the graphics look great for a console. There isnt really anything better out there... this is the limit for the 360 now.

The current graphics (may just be because it is the beta) are worse than Black Ops on console. So there are many games with better graphics out there...

The current graphics (may just be because it is the beta) are worse than Black Ops on console. So there are many games with better graphics out there...

FFS..

Do none of you know how games are made???

In blackops (a decent shooter i enjoyed fwiw) the maps are SMALL and NOTHING IS DESTRUCABLE (except maybe a car or some barrels).

In BFBC2/BF3, the maps are BIG and EVERYTHING IS DESTRUCTABLE.

to assign an item in the game any degree of real life physics, it TAKES UP ROOM ON THE DISC.

which means.

In blackops, you can have 60fps, and good looking graphics because there is nothing of any substance to the game.

the BF3, you can have 30fps, decent to good looking (in the beta anyway) graphics AND destruction.

but anyway, when has the appearance of a game determined if its good or not?!

You have to remember that it is first and foremost a next-generation (graphically) PC game so the graphics are going to be extremely compromised on a console with 6 year old hardware.

Indeed.

Running it on ultra settings, it pisses all over black ops graphics from a great height.

It's simply stunning really.

You have to remember that it is first and foremost a next-generation (graphically) PC game so the graphics are going to be extremely compromised on a console with 6 year old hardware.

Indeed.

Running it on ultra settings, it pisses all over black ops graphics from a great height.

It's only high settings, Ultra isn't available yet, it's only going to get better.

On console MW3 will have better graphics, it's simply a smaller game.

Don't like this map. Surely they would put a more classic BF map as the beta? It isn't CoD, don't try to be.

Indeed.

It's only high settings, Ultra isn't available yet, it's only going to get better.

Ultra settings are there, and selecting them has a noticeable improvement in visuals and a huge hit on performance. So I'm going to say that yes they are available.

On console MW3 will have better graphics, it's simply a smaller game.

Don't like this map. Surely they would put a more classic BF map as the beta? It isn't CoD, don't try to be.

Indeed.

It's bf, we need choppers and planes and tanks, not an infantry only map.

The map isn't a great showcase for the typical BF vehicular experience but it's not really the purpose of this beta as far as DICE are concerned. They're simply testing and gathering data on infrastructure, server load and battlelog with it. One of the DICE devs who posts at SA mentioned that the beta client we're playing is based on a build that is now a couple of months old. He's said loads of the wonky shit in the beta has been fixed already.

He could well be talking out his arse but regardless, I've been having fun playing the odd game here and there despite being rusty as ****.

Despite ending less than a month before the final game is due to be released (on October 28) DICE are determined to prove the ongoing Battlefield 3 beta is more than just a publicity stunt, with a long list of bugs and glitches that will be fixed as a result of player feedback.

The full list is below and on DICE's blog, but it's apparently set to be only the first of many. As you can see from this morning's Inbox console gamers have been complaining that not only is the game riddled with bugs but the graphics are also less impressive than the predominately PC footage has so far suggested.

DICE are determined to prove there's still plenty of time to turn things around though, and haven't been too busy not to warn players that they face being banned from all EA games if they use any hacked servers for the game (the usage of which they can track via Battlelog).

At the moment the hacked, fan-run servers are being used to run versions of the console game that supports both 64 and 128 players. Officially the console game only supports 32 (although the PC can go up to 64) but any more than that risks making the game unstable and prone to crashing, not to mention lag.

A SELECTION OF CHANGES FROM OPEN BETA TO FINAL, PART 1

* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.

* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.

* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.

* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.

* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.

* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.

* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.

* Tweaked the Rank progression.

* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.

* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.

* Framerate stability fixes.

* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.

* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.

* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.

* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.

* Non working options in squad menu fixed: 'Private' flag and 'Switch Teams'

Hacked console servers for up to 128 players!! **** YAH I want me some of that, who even plays EA games online anyway, that is clearly worth the risk of being caught :clap:

Â