Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 & Battlefield 3

carlitobrigante

Well, the EA servers are still shite. I can't even join a single game.

Things like this are seriously making me consider not buying BF3.

It's the first few hours of an incredibly in-demand early access beta that exists partly to stress test the servers. Did you not expect this?

They knew what to expect though as they would have had the number of beta testers sorted. Therefore the servers should have been prepared.

This is an EA issue which remains constant even after beta tests. Their Fifa servers are also poor.

Surely they should now extend the 'early access'.

It's just the way EA usually are with new games.

Whenever a new Fifa gets released, the first day the servers are absolutely knackered. They will sort it out though. It's part of the BETA testing to test things like this out. By Friday the BETA will be working perfectly. I know it doesnt help people like you who have got early access to the BETA which really sucks, but they will fix it.

It's just the way EA usually are with new games.

Whenever a new Fifa gets released, the first day the servers are absolutely knackered.

Are there any games that have dedicated servers that aren't affected by this?

Launch day and the following few days always has far more users simultaneously trying to play than any other time, it makes no sense for them to have enough network resources to comfortably cope with the launch day rush when it will go wasted after the first week.

As Davkaus said, opening day and for maybe a week afterwards, there are always server issues and problems joining/finding a game. The sheer volume of people trying to play is so huge there is bound to be some issues.

I will do to BF3 & MW3 what ive always done, stick to the campaign for a week or so and let the madness die down.

Been hearing some grumblings from the community - apparently it's more of a BFBC game than a 'sequel' to BF2. But honestly what were people expecting? I look forward to trying the beta later tonight

I love it.

Recoil is brilliant, no more jamming your finger on R1 without needing skill to try and control it. Controlled bursts are the way forward.

Movement is great, a little less heavy than bad company 2, but sometimes I thought it felt like running through mud in bad company, so i personally prefer it.

Its gorgeous to look at on console. I think they've done a cracking job with it.

You do die a little quicker. But I think that encourages slower play, which is what BF games are all about, so I like it.

Helping your team mates with medic boxes and defib-ing your team is hugely rewarded. Its really worth trying to help out.

The guns feel nice I think, hefty but not cumbersome. They sound good too.

Couple of little bugs on the console version, one where when you try to aim downscope, the button doesnt do anything. The way to make it work is by going to your secondary weapon pressing triangle and back again. it only takes a split second.

On the whole, im really looking forward to the full release now. Im glad i have got to play it before all the slagging off of it got to me :)

Â