Battlefield Bad Comapny 2 & Battlefield 3

carlitobrigante

So, I've just spent the last 10 minutes or so trying to configure my client, whilst being shot in the face, because:

1) You seem to have to be in a game to configure any options, including graphics settings and key bindings

2) If 1 wasn't pants-on-head retarded enough for you, you have to be alive, so if you get shot while setting your bindings, guess what, it kicks you out of the menu. Trollolololololo.

I hope this is a stupid oversight that's going to be fixed in the retail version, because so far, I've come to the conclusion that Battlefield 3 can get to ****.

Played the Beta again last night and turned it off after 1 game because i was bored stiff. Seriously thinking about cancelling my pre order for this now. Such a shame. I was so looking forward to this.

This is why i have purposely stayed away from the Beta, i knew if i played it i would be disappointed as it will not be polished or anywhere near the finished article.

Ive no doubt the final sale version will be 100x's better both visually and gameplay.

I never get Beta's for any game as they always seem way short of what your expecting and end up causing people to do what your thinking of doing Stu.

A Beta is just a trial run to get feed back from gamers and put things right before release. Stick with it Stu, there has been to much time and money spent developing this game for it to be a let down, i mean its been in development now for 3 years!

I dunno Rich, the retail version aint gonna be much different from the Beta in terms of gameplay. I realise the Beta will have bugs and that there will be issues, but the core gameplay is fundamentally boring IMO. Just not fun to play in the slightest. I also watched a video of somebody playing Caspian border on the PC beta when i turned it off and that looked about as fun as watching paint dry too. Very pretty yes, but just not fun at all.

I really am in a bit of a dilemma here. I WANT this game to be good, i really do. But the way its going im edging towards getting MW3 instead...a game that i previously had zero interest in.

I dunno Rich, the retail version aint gonna be much different from the Beta in terms of gameplay. I realise the Beta will have bugs and that there will be issues, but the core gameplay is fundamentally boring IMO. Just not fun to play in the slightest. I also watched a video of somebody playing Caspian border on the PC beta when i turned it off and that looked about as fun as watching paint dry too. Very pretty yes, but just not fun at all.

I really am in a bit of a dilemma here. I WANT this game to be good, i really do. But the way its going im edging towards getting MW3 instead...a game that i previously had zero interest in.

Do you like charging round like Rambo?

Depends on the game. At the end of the day i just like having fun, and i aint getting any with this atm.

I was talking about that with Rino8 yesterday. It's not a bad game or anything, it just doesn't feel enjoyable or rewarding. It's the little things. You play on CoD games and you get a victory song when you win. On this, the game essentially just stops, no noise, a screen comes up saying 'your team won' and that's that. Just feels a bit empty.

Like I say, it's not me saying the game is awful, it's just not that 'fun'.

Yeh I kind of hope they put the national anthem-esque themes back in for the winning team, like there was in BF2. Such a proud moment when the star spangled banner plays. Gawd bless America

What would REALLY make winning worth while is if they did the Final Fantasy fanfare music and all members of the winning team spun their guns around their head. da-dada-daaaa-daaaa-dada-daaaaa

OR maybe you'd like it better if the team name spun around in '3D' with fireworks going off in the background, like on iSketch. That always makes a victory worthwhile. Other than, you know, just winning.

I dunno Rich, the retail version aint gonna be much different from the Beta in terms of gameplay

Just play Conquest on the retail version, and don't play Rush. It's probably that simple.

The Final Fantasy bit with the spinny guns made me piss! :lol:

Seriously tho lads, lets not forget that it's a Beta, its nowhere near the finished article, its a trial of the game so they wont have all the fancy shit that will be on the retail version. By the time it comes to sale im sure the game will be completely different to what your playing now.

Agian, the whole reason why i dont play Beta's.

By the time it comes to sale im sure the game will be completely different to what your playing now.

It wont be completely different though Rich. The bugs will have all been ironed out for sure, but the core game will remain the same. Which is worrying, because its a bit shit to be honest.

By the time it comes to sale im sure the game will be completely different to what your playing now.

It wont be completely different though Rich. The bugs will have all been ironed out for sure, but the core game will remain the same. Which is worrying, because its a bit shit to be honest.

Why is it shit Stu? What do you find boring about it?

I ask because im a BF virgin.

I've cancelled my pre-order for a number of reasons.

1. The beta was quite shocking. I know the real game will be better, but it did put me off a little.

2. Batman AC is out the week before and I know I'll be playing that.

3. I'm loving Gears 3 at the moment and expect to still be playing it by the time BF3 is released.

I'll wait til the price drops a bit / I'm done with my current games.

Just buy it mate. You like COD, chances are, you'll like this. I think the single player alone warrants buying it, looks the bollocks. The game already looks and sounds really good. The multiplayer will also be better with the full game, more maps, weapons, game modes etc. I think it's a welcome change of pace, rather than the usual 100mph gameplay in COD.

Just buy it mate. You like COD, chances are, you'll like this. I think the single player alone warrants buying it, looks the bollocks. The game already looks and sounds really good. The multiplayer will also be better with the full game, more maps, weapons, game modes etc. I think it's a welcome change of pace, rather than the usual 100mph gameplay in COD.

:thumb:

The main reason why im looking forward to it.

To be fair theres lots wrong with it...it would probably be easier to tell you whats right with it! The main thing for me is that it feels very clunky. I mentioned it earlier in the thread it feels alot like Medal of Honors multiplayer, which isnt surprising considering its made by the same developer. Not impressed. I think the people expecting a different game when its released are in for a shock. I dont think it will change to the extent that it will change my mind about it.

I guess we shall see

No one plays rush on battlefield. It's all about conquest. Which is why I'm amazed that they put a rush map out for the beta. Crazyness.

I agree - BUT. The Rush map in the BFBC2 beta, and the Rush mode in general in BFBC are/were fantastic. I had alot fun with it, and as much as I want to play Conquest on BF3, I'll still have a look at Rush as I did enjoy it.

I can understand peoples complaints with this beta though. The map isn't very good, there are no vehicles, no properly destroyable buildings and as already mentioned the game mode available isn't really Battlefields best. Shame that it's putting people off though, Dice have clearly done more harm than good to the potential sales figures of the game with the decision made to include what they have in the (specifically console) beta

In August, DICE announced that Battlefield 3 would have 10 times more in-game unlocks than 2010 predecessor Battlefield: Bad Company 2. However, that's not the only area where Battlefield 3 is surpassing its predecessor by leaps and bounds.

Writing on the Battlefield blog, DICE general manager Karl-Magnus Troedsson said the beta for Battlefield 3--which opened to all last Thursday--has attracted six times the number of simultaneous players than the beta for Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Magnus Troedsson explained that the main purpose of the Battlefield 3 beta is to stress-test the game's servers. He also noted that the beta's game code is "quite early" and "not representative of the final game."

Lastly, Magnus Troedsson stressed the importance of gamers giving their feedback of the beta to DICE. He said these critiques will affect not only the final code of Battlefield 3, but also "future development and support."

"The final game will look, play, and sound better than the open beta," he said. "You have helped making sure of that."

The beta for Battlefield 3 is currently available to all on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC, and it ends on October 10. In the beta gamers will be able to play the title's Rush mode on the Operation Metro map, set in the subways of Paris. Rush mode has two teams fighting over key strategic points on the map, with one squad designated as attackers and the other ordered to protect the locations.

Battlefield 3 will sport both a single-player campaign and an online component, which can be played with up to 64 players (for the PC version only). It will also support co-op play for its campaign and will let gamers pilot jets, among other vehicles.

Gamespot

Apparently DICE are releasing a high res textures pack for the console version of this. Presumably they have done this as a seperate download rather than put it on the disk due to the game already being on 3 disks. Will the game suffer alot of slow down with the pack installed though? Bit of a strange one. Cant remember this ever being done before apart from PC games

Â