The staying in OT as the VT forum is soul destroying thread

dAVe80

The oddest thing is that McLeish isn't even the cheap option.. there's a hefty compensation payout due there for sure, so I don't even quite get the 'Randy is cutting his losses' bit.. if he was truely cutting his losses and trying to get out he'd have hired a young inexperienced manager from the Champsionship or lower, or someone out of work. Less wages, no compensation.

Whilst I have no idea what Randy is thinking, I am slightly amused by those who think they do.

I've now reached the point of acceptance. It makes me feel sad, and slightly sleepy for some reason. I think a fair chunk of the main forum are coming into that mindset now.

I went to a new Brazilian "restaurant" for lunch today. How disappointing to discover that it was one of those cheap and nasty buffet affairs (you know, like the ones that normally serve tough and tasteless so-called Oriental cuisine). I was so hoping for something more along the lines of a proper Churrascuria, I ended up with cold, wet hunks of mildly flavoured meat.

I went to a new Brazilian "restaurant" for lunch today. How disappointing to discover that it was one of those cheap and nasty buffet affairs (you know, like the ones that normally serve tough and tasteless so-called Oriental cuisine). I was so hoping for something more along the lines of a proper Churrascuria, I ended up with cold, wet hunks of mildly flavoured meat.

Is this the one on Broad St?

I dunno, though.

Now the transfer window madness starts, with all the 4th formers demanding Iniesta and Messi, or some unknown Paraguayan who's shit-hot in FM.

I've just gone back onto the main forum this morning. I can't be bothered to catch up on what I've been missing, but have given my reaction. As it's fairly rational and reasoned, I expect I'll be ignored, or shouted down.

I've just gone back onto the main forum this morning. I can't be bothered to catch up on what I've been missing, but have given my reaction. As it's fairly rational and reasoned, I expect I'll be ignored, or shouted down.

I'm in your corner, not overly fussed about the appoinment. Would still support the lads whoever got the job

I'm in your corner, not overly fussed about the appoinment. Would still support the lads whoever got the job

This is it. Surely past experience tells us that we cannot predict what will happen in football?

I wouldn't have chosen McLeish, but no matter what anybody says, it doesn't automatically follow that everything is going to be a disaster. Equally, appointing Jol, or Hughes, or Rijkaard wouldn't have guaranteed success.

A bit of uncertainty is part of what makes football interesting. Christ, in 53 years of following the Villa I've seen far, far worse than this!

I would love to ask all the posters in the main who are totally against the appointment 1 question :-

Do you want him to succeed or fail ?

I get the feeling the majority on there would choose fail just so they can come on here and give it the bigun.

I want us to win every game no matter who is the manager but I am in a tiny minority which is getting smaller and smaller it seems.

Is this now developing into a General chat thread now? If so, I would like to pose a question...

Have the Royal Mail gone on strike? Post has been very slow getting over from there!

I went to a nice brazilian place in Islington called Rodizio Rico where they walk round with meat and just keep serving it to you as and when you wish.

They do have a buffet area but it is just for the salads and potatoes

I've been to the same place, **** love it (although the Rodizio Rico in Westbourne Grove is better) and it's exactly the type of restaurant I was hoping the new one would be. :(