What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Another bargain basement fun purchase - Soundtrack to American Gigolo by Gieorgio Moroder - features Call Me by Blondie and Halorld Faltemeyer (of Alex F Fame) on keybourds

Utterly silly, yet so 1980

R-19007-1239161558.jpeg.jpg

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Out of curiosity, @Rugeley Villa you’ve mentioned you don’t really listen to anything ‘new’, but i wonder if with you’re love of volume you’d like this…

spacer.png

I do myself an injustice by not taking on modern bands, as I know there would be some I enjoy. I’m a sucker for nostalgia. As for that song, yes, I like it. Kind of up my street. Is the rest of their stuff like that? I could see myself getting bored easy if it is, but I’d take a chance on them I think. 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I do myself an injustice by not taking on modern bands, as I know there would be some I enjoy. I’m a sucker for nostalgia. As for that song, yes, I like it. Kind of up my street. Is the rest of their stuff like that? I could see myself getting bored easy if it is, but I’d take a chance on them I think. 

The rest of that album is quite similar to that, they went loud and motorik in a big way for that one. But it was a change from earlier albums which other than the odd track I can’t imagine you’d like. Over all their albums I’d reckon there’d be a tolerable ‘best of’ for you.

Hills coming up next, I reckon that could be similar…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The rest of that album is quite similar to that, they went loud and motorik in a big way for that one. But it was a change from earlier albums which other than the odd track I can’t imagine you’d like. Over all their albums I’d reckon there’d be a tolerable ‘best of’ for you.

Hills coming up next, I reckon that could be similar…

I’ll note it in my book and buy a cheap copy of it on vinyl . Plus the album cover looks smart. 

This just arrived. Unintentionally it’s a uk first pressing. I noticed on eBay the other day it only had 5 minutes left and there were no bids, so got it for starting price £9. Will give it a blast in a bit . I much prefer Jefferson Airplane , but I don’t mind some of the early stuff from this incarnation under the Starship banner. 

BF6E57A6-A00A-443B-A80B-630A4827E6B0.jpeg

Edited by Rugeley Villa

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I've always found his voice wet and weedy. 

Disagree, I think he has a real sweet voice, lots of others must think so too the amount of guest and backing vocals he does.

And he's still great even at 73

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

This just arrived. Unintentionally it’s a uk first pressing. I noticed on eBay the other day it only had 5 minutes left and there were no bids, so got it for starting price £9. Will give it a blast in a bit . I much prefer Jefferson Airplane , but I don’t mind some of the early stuff from this incarnation under the Starship banner. 

BF6E57A6-A00A-443B-A80B-630A4827E6B0.jpeg

I've got that.

"Song To The Sun/Ozymandias/Don't Let It rain" is a real standout. can't remember any of the other tracks.

There's a NM copy on Discogs for £3 or "make an offer"!

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

I've got that.

"Song To The Sun/Ozymandias/Don't Let It rain" is a real standout. can't remember any of the other tracks.

I’ve never listened to it, so I’m looking forward to playing it. I do like some of their earlier albums though, and this is considered an early one. 

42 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Disagree, I think he has a real sweet voice, lots of others must think so too the amount of guest and backing vocals he does.

And he's still great even at 73

Oh, as a high harmony vocalist, definitely (although I preferred him in Poco, and Meisner in The Eagles). Lead singer? Nah. 

Â