What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Chrome Hoof - Pre-Emptive False Rapture

Cool weird band. Felt like they should have been bigger than they were. No "full album" on YouTube (not 1 I can find). Anyway, here's one of the songs. 

Well for the first time ever, I went to a record shop on a RSD and it wasn't too bad. I kinda hoped they might have a copy of this and they did. Perfect for the type of day this is.

So its first out of the bag when I get home

R-19366615-1625331619-7660.jpeg.jpg

Next out of the bag is a bit of a speculative purchase. Released for RSD but I'm not sure it's a Ltd Edition in any shape or form

I bought it because Bobbie Gentry has a great voice, it's described as a "Lost Album form 1969", I have no idea what that means as it's not really something I've read up on.

So far it's a great lazy Sunday morning smokey jazz record. Quite lovely

R-19522954-1626509533-2497.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

First time on Vinyl since it was originally released in 1986 and remastered correctly for the first time. Fans of early REM could do worse than giving this a spin

The Dream Syndicate - Out of the Grey

R-19166287-1623874239-3811.png.jpg

I didn't realise this was a RSD release as it wasn't in the rack for todays releases it was on the wall. It's a limited edition of 500

Never before on vinyl, originally released as a CD only compilation of singles by original label (Mogwai's) Rock Action in 2006. The material dates between 2002-3

The band were from Liverpool and come from that Scouse School of Experimental German music. There have been lots of bands doing similar things from Liverpool dating back to the 80s, there are probably some even now. They rarely get to release stuff because they fizzle out in months

In the words of Andy McLusky (OMD) "Pounding Krautrock inspired motorik... like Neu! welded to Philip Glass" or Adrian Utley (Portishead) "Exciting and Brilliant...Heavydale blew me away then and it still does now"

Kling Klang - The Esthetik of Destruction

R-19119859-1623534869-6510.jpeg.jpg

EDIT: This is brill and now I've listened to it and seen the liner notes and images, I'm convinced I've seen them live

8 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I keep missing stuff on eBay because I forget when the bids are ending. Missed out on a cracker for £8 yesterday. 

I used to use gavelsnipe, it was great until it stopped working on ebay.

I'm sure there's other sniping tools out there though.

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I used to use gavelsnipe, it was great until it stopped working on ebay.

I'm sure there's other sniping tools out there though.

Might just use my alarm on phone. I’m watching several others. 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Might just use my alarm on phone. I’m watching several others. 

Auto sniping is best, it'll put your bid on with 3 seconds left if that's how you set it.

You still might be outbid but more often than not it gets results.

• Thanks 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

Auto sniping is best, it'll put your bid on with 3 seconds left if that's how you set it.

You still might be outbid but more often than not it gets results.

Yeah that’s my usual strategy. Strike late and leave the enemy no time to retaliate. I’ve been caught with my trousers down the last 3 times though. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Yeah that’s my usual strategy. Strike late and leave the enemy no time to retaliate. I’ve been caught with my trousers down the last 3 times though. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Â