What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

On 16/05/2021 at 13:41, chrisp65 said:

Due to the earlier conversation...

image.jpeg.c13253c57c7e9a7605f4e9d41908939c.jpeg

Digging this out has also reminded me to put Gene Clark on my long list.

Good compilation, that (with a few odd choices). Gene Clark was a god. 

• Like 2

When I tell people that one of my favourite bands is Chilli Willi and the Red Hot Peppers, I can see them snigger and think to themselves "Silly old bugger, he's thinking of The Red Hot Chilli Peppers". I'm not.  

Edited by mjmooney
  • Haha 1

I think this probably completes everything I want / need of Primal Scream now. That’s them done. It’s probably something Gene Clark / John Prine next, I checked them out and they’re still around the £14.99 mark so I shall ping a couple of those off after pay day.

Bit extravagant buying a double album for a couple of tracks.

image.jpeg.3470abc9b39c32e70aa66072e79f982e.jpeg

Gift from the mother-in-law. A UK first pressing, too. Deep Purple were the first rock band I really got into as a kid, and this album was legendary for me and my mate who was a Purple fanatic. We’d play this album in his bedroom and pretend we were the band. 

A9D625D4-2C72-4875-AD47-538C36E5C1A7.jpeg

• Like 2

On 15/06/2021 at 20:20, chrisp65 said:

I think this probably completes everything I want / need of Primal Scream now. That’s them done. It’s probably something Gene Clark / John Prine next, I checked them out and they’re still around the £14.99 mark so I shall ping a couple of those off after pay day.

Bit extravagant buying a double album for a couple of tracks.

image.jpeg.3470abc9b39c32e70aa66072e79f982e.jpeg

It was not extravagant, it was a good call.

Bloody loving it, from the upbeat country rock of Hell’s Comin’ Down to the downbeat track it’s side by side with, Sometimes I Feel So Lonely.

Yeah, we’ve done a sort of mostly country rock album but for the last track we’d like a 30 piece orchestra, a kid’s choir and a mandolin please.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GarethRDR said:

Ohhhhheelllllllllllyyyyyeees.

Drugs. - GIF on Imgur

It’s been on this evening, that gif was basically me, but with headphones and stood in a conservatory!

You can’t help but start with the hands and the arms. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Couple of Father’s Day presents. The missus loves it now I’m getting into vinyl again, as it makes it so easy for her on bdays , Xmas etc. The only downside is some of the bands I’m into, it’s not cheap, but it is what it is. Led Zep 2 is UK first press, but without the misprint on Living Loving Maid, so wasn’t too expensive. Physical Graffiti is a German first press. Must say I’m enjoying it and I’m in a position at the moment where I can spend a few quid each week on vinyl if I want. Some bands first pressings are not expensive at all, but other bands the prices go through the roof. Zeppelin are one of the more expensive bands, but even then I’ve got a limit on what I’ll spend and I’d quite happily make do with second presses etc if need be. It’s all about the music, but it’s nice building a good collection, too. I know I’ve missed the boat as a few years back records were going a lot cheaper, but never mind. I’m also taking inspiration from my grandads collection that he had, but his ears were far more diverse than mine. 

B4880DDF-78B5-4AD6-918E-844DA2CABF1C.jpeg

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Whats best to clean vinyl with , Rob? 

Depends what you can afford. Best are obviously the electric vacuum cleaners  but I use a Knosti spin clean.

Like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Knosti-1300001-DISCO-ANTISTAT-RECORD-CLEANER-Black/dp/B000BFXIVW/ref=dp_prsubs_2?pd_rd_i=B000BFXIVW&psc=1

Looks like there are other cheaper versions now too. The Kniosti does the job well but is a bit pricey for what's basically plastic and fluid.

BTW the fluid that comes with it is hopeless, it leaves residue in the grooves that your stylus picks up.

I make my own fluid and it's much better. Deionised water, isopropyl alcohol and Ilford  "Ilfotil" wetting agent.

• Thanks 1

Â