What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

This has escaped me for over 30 years - the reason the Beach Boys 1964 LP had to be called "Shut Down Vol 2".

For completists only, note the odd inclusion of Robert Mitchum.

spacer.png

15 years later - same label, same title, totally different tracklist bar one.

I'm reliably informed this soundtrack was from a 1978 short movie that was screened alongside "The Wanderers" at some cinemas in 1978/79, filmed mostly at Santa Pod raceway.

Musically superior to the USA version.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

15 years later - same label, same title, totally different tracklist bar one.

I'm reliably informed this soundtrack was from a 1978 short movie that was screened alongside "The Wanderers" at some cinemas in 1978/79, filmed mostly at Santa Pod raceway.

Musically superior to the USA version.

spacer.png

Can I guess that the Surfaris track is Wipeout and the Chantays track is Pipeline?

54 minutes ago, bickster said:

Can I guess that the Surfaris track is Wipeout and the Chantays track is Pipeline?

Chantays is Pipeline. Of course  :)

Surfaris have two tracks that are NOT Wipeout;  "Scatter Shield" and "Mystic Island Drums".

6 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Chantays is Pipeline. Of course  :)

Surfaris have two tracks that are NOT Wipeout;  "Scatter Shield" and "Mystic Island Drums".

Fairly sure I have Wipeout / Pipeline on an Old Gold 7"

Little Axe AKA Skip McDonald (On-U Sound / Sugarhill Gang) - Champagne and Grits

Some straight up modern blues produced by his old mate Adrian Sherwood but not much AMS trickery here, just solid clean production.

Seriously one of the worlds most under-rated guitarists, he can play in so many styles but here he sticks to his natural blues style

R-12451268-1538072643-8191.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

What ya reckon to the Metallica Black album release box set? Bit pricey but you get a lot with it. I’m not sure I’m that into Metallica to pay that sort of money, well not anymore anyway. I’m debating it, though. 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What ya reckon to the Metallica Black album release box set? Bit pricey but you get a lot with it. I’m not sure I’m that into Metallica to pay that sort of money, well not anymore anyway. I’m debating it, though. 

No chance on the one with all the outtakes, live versions etc, that is way too much money for me. The version with 53 covers of the various songs though is a little more interesting and a lot cheaper so gone for that. Still going to moan about it though because that is fun to do :) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

No chance on the one with all the outtakes, live versions etc, that is way too much money for me. The version with 53 covers of the various songs though is a little more interesting and a lot cheaper so gone for that. Still going to moan about it though because that is fun to do :) 

Obviously it’s aimed at the proper hardcore fan base, and I think if you are heavily into the band you’ve got yourself a really good box set for not a bad price. For the lesser fan like myself it’s a bit much. I like listening to live albums, and there’s plenty of live stuff on there.  It’s a much better release than what sabbath have put out for their Super deluxe edition of their Sabotage album which is well overpriced for what you get. 

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

I had a blast through the trailer yesterday as there were a few artists that I like. On the whole it was poor, particularly and sadly, John Pardi. Miley Cyrus was excellent though. 

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I don't particularly like the Black Album so it's a no from me.

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I had a blast through the trailer yesterday as there were a few artists that I like. On the whole it was poor, particularly and sadly, John Pardi. Miley Cyrus was excellent though. 

scared south park GIF

Â