What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

OK opinion for @theboyangel Snapped Ankles - Forest of Your Problems. Third studio album from the Eco warrior post-punk, krautrock and garage outfit

I've listened to it a few times now and tonight it was the first album I put on when I got home and I nearly just flipped it and played it again. It's definitely a grower, I really like it now. I don't know if this makes sense, it's a little less punky and a lot more Krauty and the beats seem to be at a slightly lower tempo. Its easy to let the first listen just wash over you and think it's not as good as the first two. Even though it sounds just like Snapped Ankles it's definitely a jump in a different direction and that is a good thing

Also it has closed grooves at the end of each side which is also a bonus for me

R-19307428-1624897689-3940.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

OK opinion for @theboyangel Snapped Ankles - Forest of Your Problems. Third studio album from the Eco warrior post-punk, krautrock and garage outfit

I've listened to it a few times now and tonight it was the first album I put on when I got home and I nearly just flipped it and played it again. It's definitely a grower, I really like it now. I don't know if this makes sense, it's a little less punky and a lot more Krauty and the beats seem to be at a slightly lower tempo. Its easy to let the first listen just wash over you and think it's not as good as the first two. Even though it sounds just like Snapped Ankles it's definitely a jump in a different direction and that is a good thing

Also it has closed grooves at the end of each side which is also a bonus for me

R-19307428-1624897689-3940.jpeg.jpg

Cheers - read that and noticed it was on iTunes for £4.99 today so grabbed a digital copy - first listen was pretty decent! Glad to hear it gets better with further listens 👍

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

DHUTWU? 

If she flies me over to the USA, why not? She's probably over 60 now but... :)

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Still younger than  you then, son 😉

I'm nowhere near that age you Snot nosed kid 🤡

• Like 1

Was just mentioning to someone else over on twatter, perfect proof you can pull off the 10 minute track without it getting all prog or too clever for it’s own good.

Should have bought this years ago.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Was just mentioning to someone else over on twatter, perfect proof you can pull off the 10 minute track without it getting all prog or too clever for it’s own good.

Should have bought this years ago.

If I was ever to have to reduce my vinyl collection, Marquee Moon would always be in the keep pile. Such a great record on its own and then with what its influenced after it, if someone does one of those 100 most important albums in the world ever lists and they don’t include it, the list isn’t worth reading

• Like 3

R-850292-1408834903-6986.jpeg.jpg

Interesting factoid as a result of listening to this. I was just dicking about of Discogs and looked up what the members of The Age of Chance did after they fizzled out. Now Geoff Taylor is a mate so I know he didn't do anything after AoC but it seems that none of them were ever in another band. That must be fairly unusual I'd have thought?

Anyway C86 the second great NME Compilation of the '80s and great snapshot of indie music in 1986

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

R-850292-1408834903-6986.jpeg.jpg

Interesting factoid as a result of listening to this. I was just dicking about of Discogs and looked up what the members of The Age of Chance did after they fizzled out. Now Geoff Taylor is a mate so I know he didn't do anything after AoC but it seems that none of them were ever in another band. That must be fairly unusual I'd have thought?

Anyway C86 the second great NME Compilation of the '80s and great snapshot of indie music in 1986

Its a solid album. Every track is memorable. Even some that shouldn’t be. 

• Like 1

Â