What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

The missus is cleaning the house, you know, for the festering season an all that. Does my head in. I spot two cd's upstairs where they most definitely shouldnt be. Where did they come from? I ask in feinged innocent tones..

Oh you've got loads of CDs in the box room, you've got CD's all over the house.

(Resists temptation to say they are only all over the house because YOU'VE put them there because in my world CDs only live in two places - big CD shelves in living room or in small neat stacks near the CD player and record player in the man cave for my current players)

Anyway, this was one of the two. Jehovahkill by Julian Cope - First Edition CD (Who knew such a thing existed)

I really don't think I ever played this much as it's a bit of a discovery listen this and nothing is familiar.

R-1400193-1216475375.jpeg.jpg

I am now planning a rescue mission through enemy lines to repatriate the missing CDs to their rightful home.

I'm also secretly hoping she has a secret stash of my vinyl somewhere too

• Like 1

@Designer1 after listening to that Gravely Pleasures song you posted in the song thread during the week I spent about an hour exploring their catalogue.  Pretty cool.

After that I let Spotify do it's thing and play me songs based on that artist.  Now I've had a helluva lot of joy doing this over the years. This process gave me The National and Frightened Rabbit on the same night and I consider both two of my favourite bands.

Anyway, one of the artists Spotify gave me after GP was a guy called 'King Dude'. 

Wow. Just wow. 

This is the artist I wasn't looking for but turns out I needed.

If I could describe his music it would be dark, moody, sexy rock n roll with a hint of folk and blues.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, troon_villan said:

@Designer1 after listening to that Gravely Pleasures song you posted in the song thread during the week I spent about an hour exploring their catalogue.  Pretty cool.

After that I let Spotify do it's thing and play me songs based on that artist.  Now I've had a helluva lot of joy doing this over the years. This process gave me The National and Frightened Rabbit on the same night and I consider both two of my favourite bands.

Anyway, one of the artists Spotify gave me after GP was a guy called 'King Dude'. 

Wow. Just wow. 

This is the artist I wasn't looking for but turns out I needed.

If I could describe his music it would be dark, moody, sexy rock n roll with a hint of folk and blues.

King Dude is great. Glad I could play a part in you finding him :thumb:

The Limiñanas ‎– Le Bel Été

Soundtrack to the French art film of the same name.

An import of the French only release, first pressing on White Vinyl

It is unmistakably The Limiñanas in a largely instrumental album, though the first track is a song proper (I presume the films theme tune) featuring Étienne Daho (A rather famous French pop star of Algerian origins)

Also features appearances by Anton Newcombe (Brian Jonestown Massacre / L'Épée - with the Lims) and long time band collaborator Ivan Telephunken (Martinez)

I've included a youtube of one of the instrumentals so you get a better idea

R-14425480-1574278400-5564.jpeg.jpg

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

This is in my top 10 all time rock albums. Unbelievable true to the genre and should be better known, IMO. 

Love Kurt Vile and agree this album is pretty epic. 

I take it you've got his collaboration with Courtenay Barnett? That's pretty special too. 

The missus hijacked my quick hour in the madness of the city centre (to buy gifts) and turned it into a 5 hour epic. There has to be a price to pay (reasonably cheap prices for the record - £15 each)

White vinyl recent repress of

R-2376386-1568049868-2899.jpeg.jpg

and a black vinyl recent repress of...

R-135067-1438035051-8907.jpeg.jpg

That'll learn her!

• Like 1

Â