What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

On 24/11/2019 at 08:30, bickster said:

Can I raise you a... :mrgreen:

R-3958503-1461096080-8224.jpeg.jpg

Though I appreciate them wanting to give their fans more of what made them the phenomenon they are, I wish they’d branch out a little and take some risks on their next LP.

• Haha 1

On 24/11/2019 at 10:35, Xann said:

Saw this performed by a local choir backed by a Marimba band in Seattle some 35 years ago.   Turned into a total marimba dance party at the end.  I was torn between feeling spiritually connected for being moved to dance by an evening of holy music and feeling guilt for turning a spiritual experience into an excuse for busting out some non-traditional dance moves without fear of being judged.

• Like 1

Sometimes you need something loud...

Big Black - Atomizer. UK first pressing on Blast First from 1986

Raw and loud. Big Black was Steve Albinis creative peak imo, nothing that followed this band was as good (not talking about his production work here)

R-387943-1149414114.jpeg.jpg

Toy - Songs of Consumption. New release from a band I've always considered to have the talent but somehow managing to miss the sweet spot. This album, however, does get there. It's a covers album but if you didn't know any of the songs, you'd probably not realise, as it gels together as an album really well. They may actually be a better band doing other peoples material. This is the Cream Vinyl version

R-14397202-1573689113-7823.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Next up longtime Ty Segall sideman, Mikal Cronin's fourth solo album - Seeker on clear blue vinyl.

I'm amazed he has time to write his own material with all the releases TS puts out but his solo material is nothing like Segall's. Always much more pastoral (in comparison.)

Very 70's rock influenced, Led Zep's Kashmir is an obvious reference point but there are plenty of others too.

R-14290263-1571563141-3410.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

The Comet Is Coming - Afterlife. Black Friday Ltd Edition of 1500

Companion E.P. to the Trust in the Lifeforce of the Deep Mystery album from the start of the year (which will definitely feature in my albums of the year list)

More of the same really but that's a good thing.

R-14462904-1575040211-9290.jpeg.jpg

Angel Olsen - All Mirrors (Clear vinyl - Double Album)

Another one of those take it or leave it acts for me up until this point. DIdn't dislike her but never liked her enough to buy anything

This album changes that as its gone all lush with strings and that. Definitely heading into Anna Calvi territory (A good thing)

R-14208890-1569887887-7205.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Â