What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Yes, very listenable, I’ll have another delve in to that later. Sounded like something that could easily have been on the Daptone label, that sort of driving retro soul thang, and yes I’ve been working through everything I have by the Small Faces today so all 60’sd up.

Saying that, bringing it down a bit now with one of those randoms you buy because the sleeve suggests it’ll be just fine. Which it is! Not one of the ten I’d take on Desert Island Discs, but solid enough.

48969329082_4c51cec7a5_w.jpg 48969150881_11c597d0d8.jpg

Although she doesn’t like to show it, I think the missus has been quite impressed with my miming and moves to this..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think I'd prefer the ensuing coma

Can’t beat a bit of Burt, but I must confess, a cheapo ‘best of’ album by the Tony Mansell Singers is stumbling all over the kitsch / sickly / genius Venn diagram.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Can’t beat a bit of Burt, but I must confess, a cheapo ‘best of’ album by the Tony Mansell Singers is stumbling all over the kitsch / sickly / genius Venn diagram.

Somewhere in my pile of shite records I have Burt does the B***les or somesuch thing, inherited from my father

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sne said:

New Swans album, only into my 2nd listening but I like it.

Bildresultat för swans leaving meaning vinyl

Got it but not had a chance to listen to it! Had new Boris, Sunn O))), Rob Halford’s Christmas album and the new desert sessions to listen to as well since the weekend... 

Oh and did go to see Sunn O))) along with Anna Von Hausswolff as you mentioned in the other thread. Saw her before with Refused and think it was just her, thought it was better this time with a full band.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GarethRDR said:

Didn't realise this was out already, what's it like?

I'm not too keen on first listen to be honest. It's a little too much on the glitchy side for my taste but I'll give it a few more goes before I make my mind up.

The best track so far is the one with Shabazz Palaces.

• Thanks 1

Will be intrigued to hear.  Saw them earlier this year for the very first time (so sadly I've no frame of reference for them live prior to being down to a two-piece), and though I did enjoy it (huzzah for 7 minutes of pogo-ing on the spot to Atlas), I did later read the performance quite accurately described "the episode of Friends where Ross gets his keyboard".

17 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

... insert as appropriate Singers is stumbling all over the kitsch / sickly / genius Venn diagram.

Mike Sammes and The Shakespeares did some interesting bits in the UK.

A friend collects Cliff Adams. After the big easy numbers he quietly went about recording really varied production music.

Some of it is really quite cool. 

@bickster -  Heh Heh - The Lords Of Easy are insidious :D

Spoiler

R-4954127-1384525864-1380.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Possibly the scratchiest record on YouTube, but all the same I now have a subliminal urge to go out and buy some electricity.

Get a watch too.

And a Ford Capri.

And some fags?

• Like 1

Â