What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Not a fan of the artist per se, but this album is superb. It really should be billed as a collaboration between them and the Deep Throat Choir. It's the choir that makes this album

Simian Mobile Disco - Murmurations. Double Album, Gatefold on black vinyl

I had to track this down as its not really in my usual haunt's spectrum and 3 Beat had sold all the copies they ordered. Eventually found it months later in HMV, the shop does have its uses

R-11977675-1529701545-4938.jpeg.jpg

Caught in a Wave (Youtube)

Thought this might be the place to drop a bit of info..

For those interested, there’s a music prog on S4C At 9:30 this evening that includes Carwyn Ellis, Gruf Rhys, Boy Azooga, 9Bach and a couple of others. 

There’s usually subtitles and its usually available on the inter web. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2018's reissue of the 2 albums David Syvian (He of Japan) and Holger Czukay (He of Can) colaborated on

The first album was called Plight & Premonition, the second, Flux & Mutability. Those words also happen to be the track names of the 4 tracks across the 2 albums

For anyone into the ambient scene, this should be an essential purchase

R-12197052-1530270998-2774.jpeg.jpg

A Certain Ratio - Set. A career spanning compilation double album from the Manchester Alt-Funk pioneers released in 2018 by Mute Records. Green vinyl, Gatefold sleeve.

I have to be really in the mood for most ACR material but when the mood takes I do get into it

It's an odd way to track list such a compilation, not by release date but by the order you play them in a set during current live appearances. I'm not sure it works, Mikey Way before Shack Up and Knife Slits Water? I get the logic, the logic is wrong, not only that you'd think this being ordered on the set list, it would stack the good stuff to the end of the album. It doesn't do that either but ACR were always obtuse.

Back to Mikey Way - A sound engineer of some note back in the '80s used to swear by this to test a PA rig in the venue before a sound check. Big Al was the live engineer for many of the Manc acts of the era from the Happy Mondays through the Fall and obviously ACR, he knew his shit. He reckoned that its contains all the elements of bass treble and mid, in all the right proportions, who knows but whenever we were working a gig, we knew Big Al was behind the desk as Mikey Way would be blasting out from the rig. It really did seem omnipresent in my life for a few years so it's etched there in my psyche forever and always just reminds of all the time hanging around the venue after the load in and before the soundcheck proper when nothing much was happening

R-12643827-1551829298-8119.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Wand - Perfume

Discogs classes this as an EP. My arse its an album with 7 tracks. Bog standard black vinyl

It's a bit Ty Segall influenced (he may even be on here somewhere), which is hardly a shock as two of the band were in his band for a while and are also good mates with Mikal Cronin, Segall's longtime sideman

This is nothing like Laughing Matter released this year, they change their style with almost every release it seems

R-12037574-1527032365-1558.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Ghostemane - N / O / I / S / E

If NIN and Ho99o9 had a bastard child...

Ok I just had a listen to these on yoootoob. They're no Dinosaur Pile Up.

In fact thirty seconds of two tracks was enough...(and I love a bit of NIN)

spacer.png

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Warish - Down in Flames

I have no idea what this is, but the cover art put me in mind of Primal Scream, Xtrmntr and the afternoon sort of rolled on from there, so thanks!

poppy-i-disagree.jpg

Poppy - I Disagree

Art Pop/Electropop weirdo Poppy has released a new album and it's no less weird than any of her previous music. That said I suppose the main and most major change is that on 'I Disagree' the Art Pop/Electropop elements have taken a backseat to Heavy Metal, Nu Metal and Industrial soundscapes. This album goes places, it takes the listener on a journey that very few albums dare to take a listener. Within the opening 5 tracks of this 10 track album you'll have heard influences from Slipknot, The Beatles, Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails just to name a few. This album is unique and not everyone will like it, but for me personally this album is super fun and I loved every minute of it. 

• Like 1

Â