What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

16 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Strictly speaking, this belongs in the thread 'what album have you just finished listening to after a day down the garage salvaging scrap metal, nuts, bolts and screws from stuff'

34738479486_f851e72632.jpg

That is a belting compilation. Mind, I don't own a Trojan Box Set that isn't.

• Like 2

Currently have a mixture on random consisting of

mark lanegan - gargoyle

pond - the weather

sylvan esso - what now

temples - volcano

slowdive - slowdive

wavves - you're welcome

the black angels - death song

grails - chalice hymnal

timber, timbre - sincerely, future pollution 

king gizzard - flying microtonal banana

a nice mix, some a lot different to others but it's making Sunday morning sound great!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Currently have a mixture on random consisting of

mark lanegan - gargoyle

pond - the weather

sylvan esso - what now

temples - volcano

slowdive - slowdive

wavves - you're welcome

the black angels - death song

grails - chalice hymnal

timber, timbre - sincerely, future pollution 

king gizzard - flying microtonal banana

a nice mix, some a lot different to others but it's making Sunday morning sound great!

Some excellent stuff there and some I must therefore explore

• Like 1

A bit of grungey metal methinks tonight and probably all three Bass Drum of Death albums. 

Sample 1 is a bit.... Kurt, you're aliveeeeee!!!! But yeah this one is- "Sin is in 10 "

from last album RIP THIS

And sample 2: "Crawling After You" from his second album imaginitively called Bass Drum Of Death

• Like 1

too stuck on generic trap atm haha :D. can't help it:

Last nite took an L but tonite I bounce back boy I been broke as hell cashed a check n bounce back

D town LAX every week I bounce back, if u a real one then u know how to bounce back!

No, don't have that, but it looks like a buy without too much thought required, doesn't it. Bunny on the cover and that little 'J'.

Got to go out now 'cos I'm too disorganised to have got the kids lunch stuff earlier when I was stood by a shop having a right good natter...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

No, don't have that, but it looks like a buy without too much thought required, doesn't it. Bunny on the cover and that little 'J'.

Got to go out now 'cos I'm too disorganised to have got the kids lunch stuff earlier when I was stood by a shop having a right good natter...

Just listening now. A great dub version of The Liquidator.

latest?cb=20140829235648&format=original

Opeth - Damnation. I had this period in the 90's- early 00's where I was really into prog rock and melodic metal. This album brings back good memories. Windowpane is an awesome song. That riff.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I don't own this. Gonna have to do something about that! Got this one @chrisp65?

Yep, that's nice.

Track 6 on 17 minutes is a fave, don't think I've ever heard a version of None Shall Escape The Judgement that I didn't like.

Got the Johnnie Clarke version on a CD for the weekend. Going to Merthyr Rising so it's important to get the car music sorted early!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Opeth - Damnation. I had this period in the 90's- early 00's where I was really into prog rock and melodic metal. This album brings back good memories. Windowpane is an awesome song. That riff.

Yeah, I really like Damnation. Mainly because it isn't remotely 'metal'. Owes more to Barclay James Harvest or The Moody Blues. 

Â